- Best friend turns on 'good old boy' accused lottery scammer
- How major US stock market indexes fared on Thursday
- The Latest: Judge to rule later on Trump University case
- Emotional Chinese win world pairs figure skating gold
- Manchester City Women into Champions League semi-finals
- Rapper ‘Big Flock’ Given Federal Prison Sentence For Gun, Drug Charges
- ACMs Announce Even More Performers, Presenters And Collaborations
- Police Release Sketch Of Sexual Assault Suspect
- Community Remembers 19-Year-Old Design Student Lost To Gun Violence
- Anti-Transgender Bus Sparks Protests As It Visits US Cities
More from Crime
- Michael Perez, 33, was pulled over for a broken tail light in Anaheim on Saturday
- Police said Perez locked himself in his minivan with a gas can and lighter
- Fire crews broke a window and blasted him out with a powerful water hose
- New footage of the incident shows him struggling with a cop outside the car before officers scream that there is a 'knife'
- Shots can be heard in the video as the father-of-six slips and falls to the ground
- Perez was killed in the confrontation
New footage has surfaced showing the moment police in California fatally shot a father-of-six after forcing him out of his car using blasts from a fire hose.
Michael Perez, 33, had been pulled over in Anaheim, California, on Saturday night for a broken tail light when police said he refused to get out of his minivan.
The 39-second video shows Perez being forced out of his car through the driver's side window after police broke the windows and used the hose to end the standoff.
An officer was filmed grabbing Perez by the wrist as the two struggled together, while other officers could be heard screaming 'knife'.
A shot was fired before a second, louder shot occurred three seconds later as Perez slipped and fell to the ground.
New footage shows the moment an officer grabbed Perez by the wrist when he emerged from his vehicle. The two struggled together as other officers yelled out 'knife'
Perez had been pulled over for a broken tail light but police grew concerned when the father locked himself in the minivan with a gas can and lighter.
Police said one shot was fired at Perez after less lethal means were ineffective.
The shooting took place before a crowd of people at a strip mall with a 24-hour laundry, taco shop and other businesses.
Perez was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
Police said they tried to pull over Perez at 11.15pm and he initially resisted but eventually stopped at the strip mall parking lot.
Authorities said they opted to use the fire hose to prevent Perez from setting himself and the minivan on fire.
A bang is heard in the footage before a second, louder bang occurs three seconds later and Perez slips and falls to the ground
Perez manages to stand again for a moment before he collapses to the ground as five officers point their weapons at him. Two knives were later recovered from the scene
Perez, of Orange, was hit once with gunfire and rushed to hospital in an ambulance but was pronounced dead the next day
Scene footage that emerged earlier this week showed officers talking to Perez as he sat in his car smoking a cigarette.
Two officers could be seen sneaking up by the side of the vehicle as Perez was talking. The window behind him was then smashed and two firefighters pointed the powerful water hose into the vehicle.
The stunned suspect was blown back by the blast of water but managed to scramble into the backseat.
Police said he had a criminal record that included drug and weapons violations. Online court listings show convictions for charges including drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The shooting is being investigated by the Orange County District Attorney's office.
Orange police declined to comment on the footage due to the ongoing investigation.
Footage from earlier this week showed Perez refusing to get out of his car as he smoked a cigarette
Two officers could be seen sneaking up by the side of the vehicle as Perez was talking. The window behind him was smashed and firefighters pointed the water hose (above) into his car
This is the moment fire crews blasted a father-of-six out of his van before cops shot him dead