- Best friend turns on 'good old boy' accused lottery scammer
- How major US stock market indexes fared on Thursday
- The Latest: Judge to rule later on Trump University case
- Emotional Chinese win world pairs figure skating gold
- Manchester City Women into Champions League semi-finals
- Rapper ‘Big Flock’ Given Federal Prison Sentence For Gun, Drug Charges
- ACMs Announce Even More Performers, Presenters And Collaborations
- Police Release Sketch Of Sexual Assault Suspect
- Community Remembers 19-Year-Old Design Student Lost To Gun Violence
- Anti-Transgender Bus Sparks Protests As It Visits US Cities
More from Crime
- The bizarre incident allegedly took place on the I-94 near Alexandria, Minnesota
- A woman filming the escape attempt suggested the man was 'drunk or on drugs'
- In the video, the unidentified man is seen running towards a large semi-truck
- He quickly climbs onto the truck with the hope of distancing himself from police
The moment a man fleeing police tried to escape by climbing onto the top of a semi-truck on a busy highway has been captured on camera.
Footage of the incident was recorded after an unidentified driver crashed his SUV into the median strip of the I-94 in Minnesota.
The woman filming the video from the driver's seat of her car can be heard narrating what is unfolding in front of her during the short clip.
'So, this guy, umm, crashed his car into the middle of the thing, it's still going, his tires are spinning,' she said.
'He's trying to get anyone to give him a ride, and stopping traffic everywhere. He must be drunk or on drugs.
'I'm a little scared,' she added, before the man was seen sprinting passed her car as a cop followed him.
'Oh my god, s*** is going to get real,' she is heard saying.
The man continued to be seen in the video trying to stop traffic (left) for a few more seconds, before he took off running (right) as a police car approached
'Oh god. He's going to try to get in that truck. Oh, he's hopping up on the truck.
'He's climbing on top of that truck. Oh my god, he's seriously on top of this f***ing truck right now.'
The driver then handed her phone to a passenger in the front seat, who continued filming through the rear window.
A police car was seen pulling up next to the truck, as the would-be escapee was on top of the semi.
The woman then starts to drive away just as the officer runs around to the other side of the truck while the man was seen trying to clamber down.
The person who posted the video online claimed the incident took place on the I-94 in Minnesota, near Alexandria.