- Golden Globe winner Christine Kaufmann dies in Germany
- Lawmakers back measures to protect Israel by punishing Iran
- South Korea finds presumed remains of ferry disaster victims
- Immigrant's bid to avoid deportation comes to Supreme Court
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man; 3 injured
- Weather Blog: A Mix Of Dry And Rainy Days This Week
- Police Investigating Puppy Abuse Case After Dog Was Left For Dead
- Families build BUNKERS in homes as Cyclone Debbie hits
- Mother cured of migraines by 'visiting her past life'
- SARAH VINE says Theresa May won Nicola Sturgeon battle
More from Entertainment
- Michael Bisping underwent surgery on a slightly torn meniscus last week
- The middleweight champion expects to return to defend his belt around May
- He looks likely to face the division's official No 1 contender Yoel Romero
Michael 'The Count' Bisping won't be defending his UFC middleweight title any time soon.
The UFC middleweight champion took to Instagram on Monday to keep fans updated as to the progress of his recovery after undergoing minor knee surgery last week.
'Is it just me, or is my leg a bit swollen lol,' The Brit wrote alongside the an image of his greatly disfigured left leg.
Michael Bisping shared this photo of his swollen left leg on Monday morning
The Brit shared this image of himself heading home after surgery on Saturday
Bisping revealed that he needed the surgery earlier this month during an interview with the Fight Network.
'I actually found out just recently I've got to have a knee surgery,' he said.
'Get that taken care of and I'll probably be defending the belt around May, something like that I would guess.'
And he took to social media on Saturday to tell his followers that surgery had been 'successfully completed.'
Bisping revealed that the surgery had been a success with this post earlier in the day
When he does return to full fitness, the 37-year-old looks set to defend his championship against No 1 contender Yoel Romero, who knocked out Chris Weidman with a stunning flying knee at UFC 205 in November to extend his winning streak to eight.
However, with his historic career coming to an end, Britain's first world champion may be angling for a more high profile match-up.
'I'm at the tail end of my career,' he explained to Fox Sports. 'I think everybody knows that. It's not like I have a huge career ahead of me. I've got a huge career behind me.
'That is the plan two more wins and sayonara, buddy. We'll see but that is the plan right now. Plans change. That would be a perfect scenario for me.'
The middleweight champion last defended his title against Dan Henderson in October
The 37-year-old has been away from to octagon due to his role in xXx: Return of Xander Cage
'I want the biggest fight I can get. I don't mind facing No 1 contenders but at this stage of my career I've fought the best guys forever.
'I want the biggest fight it can possibly be. By biggest, I mean the biggest money generating fight I can possibly have. I feel I deserve that. I've earned that.
'So whether that's Yoel Romero, then great. But if it ain't Yoel Romero, if it's Anderson Silva, great. I know he's piped up again lately. If it's Georges St-Pierre
'I don't care who the opponent is. I'm not bothered by any opponent. I am the champion of the world and I will take on all comers, but I want the biggest fight possible.'
He looks set to defend his championship against No 1 contender Yoel Romero