- South African official blames students for worker's death
- Man plucked from life boat after week at sea reaches Boston
- New film academy members talk #OscarsSoWhite
- Health of Israel's Peres deteriorates after major stroke
- Sam allardyce scandal is "very embarrassing" - adrian bevington
- Claire Liddle stole over £130,000 from footballers and millionaires by offering to organise holidays
- Heartbreaking photos show six-year-old girl saying goodbye to her dying pet dog
- First shipment of American shale gas arrives in Britain to open 'virtual pipeline'
- Newlyweds left devastated after groom spends entire honeymoon in hospital after he fell head first through the hotel's rotten BALCONY
- Jeremy Corbyn BACKS DOWN in his bid to make Labour oppose Trident renewal... and even seems to leave open the possibility that he might use nuclear weapons!
More from Female
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's displays of affection analysed by body language expert
- Cabin crew reveal the secrets they never tell passengers about flying
- ‘I'm proof you can have a newborn and lose weight’: Obese mother drops NINE STONE by pushing around her baby son in his buggy
- Prankster father-of-the bride from Devon 'drops' his daughter's wedding cake
- The hacks that keep expensive lingerie looking shop-perfect
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'