- Protests in Germany overshadow anti-Islam party's convention
- Bale gives Madrid late win at Sociedad in Spanish league
- Iraqi forces fire tear gas, bullets in air at Green Zone protesters - sources
- Defoe penalty gives Sunderland vital EPL point against Stoke
- West Ham wins to keep EPL top 4 hopes alive
- CA convention is a homecoming of sorts for Carly Fiorina
- Extra 13 days aboard international space station for tim peake
- The Latest: Flood victims identify floating bodies
- Rosberg on pole in Russia as Hamilton's car fails again
- Swedish Princess Estelle is star of the show at King Carl Gustaf's birthday
More from Female
- Blogger's 'Dads don't babysit' T-shirt challenges parenting stereotypes
- Student who had not cut hair in FIVE YEARS and rarely wore make-up gets a makeover
- 'Chubby girl' Rease Kirchner who works out SIX TIMES a week hits back at critics
- Working moms need to be flexible! Alice + Olivia designer Stacey Bendet shows off her very bendy body as she does upside-down yoga with her CHILD balanced on her back
- Surrogate and mother are best friends as they plan for second child
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'