- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's misreading of Iran deal
- NOAA: Drone technology aids whale research off Hawaii
- Former airman convicted in toddler's death
- Chelsea Manning faces discipline for prison suicide attempt -lawyers
- Gold inches up, set for monthly rise as markets await BoJ decision
- Workers Continue Fight To Increase Minimum Wage To $15 An Hour
- Baltimore Nonprofit Celebrates 2 Decades Of Second Chances
- Suspect Wanted After Beating And Robbing Woman In The Fells Point Area
- O’Malley Excites Crowd On Night 3 of the Democratic National Convention
- Home Damaged After Being Struck By Lightning In Essex
More from Female
- Serena Williams insists she doesn't have time for trolls' cruel comments in Vogue video
- From dividing up EVERY drawer to storing round objects on round trays, the owner of 'America's most organized home' shares her top tips to help YOU tidy your own house
- YouTube channel 'To Catch A Cheater' shows men being unfaithful to girlfirend's
- Obese My Big Fat Fabulous Life's Whitney Thore breaks down in tears after her trainer QUIT
- Abercrombie & Fitch unveils catalog of fully-clothed models after ban on sexualized images
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'