- Bangladesh police kill suspected cafe attack mastermind
- Tunisia parliament approves new unity government
- S.Sudan wants big budget despite economy in ruins
- New Zealand wins toss, bowls in 2nd test vs. South Africa
- Man faces 2 capital murder charges in Mississippi nun deaths
- Colourful, free plastic surgery apps targeting children slammed by Australian childhood experts
- Is this CBB's most controversial winner yet? Stephen Bear is booed even as he WINS the reality show
- David Beckham moves back into refurbished West London mansion
- Wish you were here? The top 10 places here people most want to live in the UK are revealed (and Tendring in Essex is number one!)
- Meet the mum and dad who decided it was time to teach their little madam a lesson
More from Female
- Burkini wearers share their holiday photos on Instagram
- Jamie Oliver raises funds Amatrice earthquake victims with a classic pasta dish
- Killingworth man who piled on the pounds after losing his job and girlfriend sheds 5 stone
- X Factor judges Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh STILL look young after 4 year absence
- Princess Diana's wedding dress designer helps wheelchair-bound bride
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'