- One dead in shooting at Bangladeshi Shi'ite mosque
- Adele smashes oasis's sales record as 25 proves a winner
- Wayne rooney still confident of champions league progress for manchester united
- Claudio ranieri confident he can tempt jamie vardy and riyad mahrez to stay
- Brazil arrests push Petrobras probe back to Rousseff's door
- Harry hails 'milestone' opening of mamohato children's centre in lesotho
- Minimum 22-year term for man who drowned grandson, 9, in bath
- Regional differences in childhood obesity rates - report
- Adele announces first tour in five years for new album '25'
- Victory for families in carers' benefit cap challenge
More from Female
- It's not just colds that can make you sneeze - SEX can too. The explanations behind the most explosive of winter habits
- Croydon man takes 90% salary cut so he can see his Down's syndrome daughter
- Model Pixee Fox has 15 surgeries and 6 RIBS removed to look like Jessica Rabit
- Rise of the superwomen including a Women International UK executive director
- McDonald's launches its new Christmas menu featuring two new burgers
She was known for her trademark long blonde locks prior to shaving her head earlier this year for her role in upcoming movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.
But it would seem Charlize Theron has had a little help along the way in the form of a bottle of hair dye.
Showcasing her seemingly natural brunette roots, the 37-year-old actress showed off her dramatic buzz cut as she enjoyed a lunch date with her mother, Gerda.
With her locks cropped close to her head, the Monster star looked happy and relaxed as she chatted to her relative over a bottle of rose champagne.
Charlize looked thrilled to be back in her native South Africa as the mother-daughter duo enjoyed a bite to eat at Cafe Caprice in Cape Town, South Africa.
Although the mother-of-one was without her usual flowing locks, it wasn't long before she was recognised by a group of fans, and happily posed alongside them for photographs.
Charlize looked her typically effortlessly chic self as she stepped out for the day, showing off her slim legs in a pair of indigo skinny jeans, which she teamed with a bright yellow off-shoulder jumper and a white vest.
The actress completed her look with a pair of RayBan aviator sunglasses, pretty tan sandals and a matching handbag.
Charlize chopped of her trademark long blonde locks in June to play Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, the fourth film in the post apocalyptic series.
She will feature opposite Tom Hardy, who fills the role made famous by Mel Gibson, and she said she cannot wait for the cameras to roll.
The actress recently said: 'I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me.
'George [Miller] really created a female character that I've never read anything like this. I mean, I'm scared!
'I'm very excited about it; I'm dying! It's been three years; it's time to skin this cat already!'