- Unions embrace john mcdonnell's pitch for socialism at labour conference
- Fed will seek more capital from largest U.S. banks -Tarullo
- EU parliament backs visa-free travel for Ukraine, hurdles remain
- Death toll from militia violence in central Congo jumps to 49
- Virgin trains east coast workers to strike on october 3
- Princess Diana's ex-lover James Hewitt trawls a second-hand car showroom
- Display of couture wedding gowns worn by Swedish royals to be unveiled in Stockholm
- Paul Hollywood appears with a group of NUDISTS after following the show to Channel 4
- A glamorous line-up of golfing WAGs join their men as they jet off to Minnesota
- Expert Michael Krayenhoff reveals what he’s learned about dating around the world
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Tim Tebow Foundation announced its partnership with Lakeshore Athletic Association at a press conference Friday at Criswell Park.
However it was the activity the New York Jets quarterback did without a jersey that drew the most headlines this past weekend.
After Jets practice Saturday the backup quarterback went for a jog without a shirt on, trotting off the practice field in front of fans and cameras.
Many of you may have seen the video this weekend of Tebow running in the rain shirtless. But we at First Coast News decided to make it fun. So, you can see Tim Tebow running, in the rain, shirtless, in slow motion, set to music.
Tebow began his football career at age six playing for the Lakeshore Athletic Association, according to a press release from the Tim Tebow Foundation. As a way to show appreciation for the opportunities the Lakeshore afforded him in his early career, Tebow, in coordination with the foundation, donated 300 full Nike uniforms to the Association.
"The Foundation is honored to support Tim's first football team with this donation. We hope these new uniforms will be a strong addition to the Association's already great pride and tradition. We are glad to be a part of the great foundation this association is building for these kids," said Tim Tebow Foundation Executive Director Erik Dellenback.
During the conference the association dedicated the park as the "Home of Tim Tebow" in recognition of Tebow's impact.
"We're proud to be associated with the start of such an amazing football career. Tim is such a great role model for these players and we are honored to be able to recognize him in this way. His legacy will remain an inspiration to this Association for generations to come," says AJ Joyner, president of Lakeshore Athletic Association.