- The Latest: Prosecutors: 1 detained in church attack
- Turkey backs continued Cyprus peace talks, warns Greek Cypriots
- Malawi arrests man paid to have sex with 100 children
- After Turmoil, Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren Thrill DNC
- Tenerife police hunt for British man in connection with 'attempted double murder'
- University Challenge contestant is trolled on Twitter over her gender
- Essex woman keeps pair of ducks as house pets and pampers them like children
- There is a 'strong will on both sides' to keep open the border between Britain and Ireland, Theresa May insists after talks with Taoiseach Enda Kenny in No 10
- Five hundred hours of flight, 25,000 miles and NO fuel: Solar Impulse finally completes historic 17 month round-the-world trip
- South Africa to introduce racial quotas to ensure minimum number of black players in international cricket teams
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Tim Tebow Foundation announced its partnership with Lakeshore Athletic Association at a press conference Friday at Criswell Park.
However it was the activity the New York Jets quarterback did without a jersey that drew the most headlines this past weekend.
After Jets practice Saturday the backup quarterback went for a jog without a shirt on, trotting off the practice field in front of fans and cameras.
Many of you may have seen the video this weekend of Tebow running in the rain shirtless. But we at First Coast News decided to make it fun. So, you can see Tim Tebow running, in the rain, shirtless, in slow motion, set to music.
Tebow began his football career at age six playing for the Lakeshore Athletic Association, according to a press release from the Tim Tebow Foundation. As a way to show appreciation for the opportunities the Lakeshore afforded him in his early career, Tebow, in coordination with the foundation, donated 300 full Nike uniforms to the Association.
"The Foundation is honored to support Tim's first football team with this donation. We hope these new uniforms will be a strong addition to the Association's already great pride and tradition. We are glad to be a part of the great foundation this association is building for these kids," said Tim Tebow Foundation Executive Director Erik Dellenback.
During the conference the association dedicated the park as the "Home of Tim Tebow" in recognition of Tebow's impact.
"We're proud to be associated with the start of such an amazing football career. Tim is such a great role model for these players and we are honored to be able to recognize him in this way. His legacy will remain an inspiration to this Association for generations to come," says AJ Joyner, president of Lakeshore Athletic Association.