- Former Oriole Charged With Battery, Arrested While Naked From Waist Down
- Pakistan lays claim to the Koh-i-Noor diamond centrepiece to the Crown Jewels
- Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas cruise is forced to turn around after 150mph winds
- Electrician gets his head stuck in hole in ceiling
- Trendy 'clean eating' diets that can leave you starved of vital vitamins
- Scientists pinpoint brain structure that divides leaders and followers
- Sunseekers warned by NICE there is no such thing as a healthy tan
- Judge Paul Coleridge says divorce makes many wish they stayed together
- Tom Cruise films Pablo Escobar movie in replica of twin-engine Aerostar plane
- Hillary Clinton ties with Bernie Sanders on the eve of New Hampshire primary
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Tim Tebow Foundation announced its partnership with Lakeshore Athletic Association at a press conference Friday at Criswell Park.
However it was the activity the New York Jets quarterback did without a jersey that drew the most headlines this past weekend.
After Jets practice Saturday the backup quarterback went for a jog without a shirt on, trotting off the practice field in front of fans and cameras.
Many of you may have seen the video this weekend of Tebow running in the rain shirtless. But we at First Coast News decided to make it fun. So, you can see Tim Tebow running, in the rain, shirtless, in slow motion, set to music.
Tebow began his football career at age six playing for the Lakeshore Athletic Association, according to a press release from the Tim Tebow Foundation. As a way to show appreciation for the opportunities the Lakeshore afforded him in his early career, Tebow, in coordination with the foundation, donated 300 full Nike uniforms to the Association.
"The Foundation is honored to support Tim's first football team with this donation. We hope these new uniforms will be a strong addition to the Association's already great pride and tradition. We are glad to be a part of the great foundation this association is building for these kids," said Tim Tebow Foundation Executive Director Erik Dellenback.
During the conference the association dedicated the park as the "Home of Tim Tebow" in recognition of Tebow's impact.
"We're proud to be associated with the start of such an amazing football career. Tim is such a great role model for these players and we are honored to be able to recognize him in this way. His legacy will remain an inspiration to this Association for generations to come," says AJ Joyner, president of Lakeshore Athletic Association.