Pregnant Duchess leaves hospital

  • Catherine is discharged from the hospital where she was treated for acute morning sickness
  • She was escorted by her husband, Britain's Prince William
  • She will now undertake a period of rest, a palace spokesman said
  • Their child will be next in line to the British throne after William

London (CNN) -- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, left hospital Thursday morning, three days after being admitted for acute morning sickness.

She emerged from the hospital accompanied by her husband Prince William and was driven away by a waiting car.

A St. James's Palace spokesman said: "The Duchess of Cambridge has been discharged from the King Edward VII Hospital and will now head to Kensington Palace for a period of rest.‬‪

"Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank the staff at the hospital for the care and treatment The Duchess has received."

Opinion: Pregnancy and privacy

News of her pregnancy was announced Monday when Catherine was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital with hyperemesis gravidarum, a condition which involves nausea and vomiting more severe than the typical morning sickness many women suffer during early pregnancy.

Catherine's discharge from the hospital comes a day after two Australian DJs hit the headlines in international media over a prank call they made to her nurse.

The hospital said it deeply regretted that the hoax call had been transferred to a ward in the early hours of Tuesday morning and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff.

The conversation included some details of the duchess's condition, according to audio posted online by the DJs' Sydney-based radio station, 2Day FM.

2Day FM apologized Wednesday for a prank it said was "done with light-hearted intentions."

The duchess is not yet 12 weeks pregnant, Clarence House told CNN on Monday, so the palace is not announcing a due date for the child.

William and Catherine's child will be next in line to the British throne after William, regardless of whether it is a boy or a girl.

Planned changes to the law of succession that end the tradition of a boy jumping over an elder sister are already de facto in effect, the British Cabinet Office said.

CNN's Max Foster contributed to this report.

Comments »
  • Print
  • Email
  • More sharing
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Capitalbay. Capitalbay accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.
What's next
By CapitalBay Online 12/06/2012 05:19:00


David Beckham wannabe Jack Johnson uses benefit money to have liposuction

Jack Johnson, 19, from Bulwell, Nottingham, hit the headlines last month Revealed he has spent £20,000 to look like David Beckham Now he's had liposuction to emulate

DCFS extend probe into Brad Pitt's parenting after 'new accusation'

Angelina Jolie sensationally filed for divorce from Brad Pitt last month It was sparked by allegations that Pitt was physical with their kids  DCFS launched an investigation

Ciara confirms she's expecting a baby with husband Russell Wilson

Singer announced the news on Instagram on her 31st birthday  Shared a photo of Wilson tenderly rubbing her stomach  The pair remained celibate until they married in

Kim Kardashian drops lawsuit against website for claiming she staged Paris robbery

Kim filed a notice of voluntary dismissal of the suit on Monday against On October 14, the website posted a lengthy statement online apologizing for

Beyonce and Rihanna's backing dancer feared missing as phone found at NYC bridal store

Shirlene Quigley, 32, a backup dancer for RIhanna, has gone missing She was last spotted on Sunday getting on a bus in Manhattan at 1am On Monday,

Dancing With The Stars Australia 'cancelled' by Seven

It's enjoyed 12 successful seasons in Australia. But Dancing With The Stars has been axed from Channel Seven's programming schedule for 2017, The Daily Telegraph reports. The news

Jennifer Hawkins and Jake Wall unveil their sprawling $5 million beachside mansion as they put it on the market ahead of move to a $6 million pad

They're currently building a stunning $6 million waterfront mansion in Sydney's Northern Beaches.  And now former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins and husband Jake Wall have unveiled

Recent Comments