- Police Chase Suspect Charged In Crash That Left Woman Dead
- Chesapeake Bay’s Underwater Grasses Making a Comeback
- Some Md. Voters Call For Removal Of Board Of Elections
- Ringling Bros. Circus Elephants Take Final Bow
- This Week In Golf: Brian Stuard Wins Playoff At Shortened Zurich Classic
- Excitement Builds As $40M Renovation Nears Completion At Pikesville High School
- Cyberbullying Allegations Continue After Firefighter Commits Suicide
- Baltimore Police Investigate 26-Year-Old Woman’s Murder
- Thousands, Including ‘Orioles Fan’ Breach Baghdad’s Green Zone
- 16-Year-Old Killed, 2 Teens Injured In Baltimore Shootings
More from News
- Astronomers 'hit the jackpot' by finding THREE Earth-sized habitable worlds
- Ex-ministers and civil servants whose work in public sector opens doors to private jobs
- Kicked out by the voters, now Danny Alexander's doing deals for China
- Tory grandee Lord Ashcroft, 70, reveals his personal battle with sepsis
- MEPs rake in up to £1million each in just five years and YOU are left footing the bill
A father's worst nightmare came true when a homeless man admitted to having sex with a 15-year-old girl whose family he knew.
Brent Jacob Surdyke, 28, of St. Charles, Missouri, was charged with statutory rape and statutory sodomy on Thursday.
The relationship between Surdyke and his unnamed victim was discovered by the girl's father, who found text messages between the two on his daughter’s cell phone.
The 15-year-old told her father that she and Surdyke had been having sex, most recently at a St. Charles motel on December 1, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Surdyke, who is reported to be a friend of the family, confessed to the relationship, local police say.
His bail was set at $25,000.
No other details about Surdyke or his ties to the family were available at the time of this report.
Surdyke is the fourth person in the St. Charles area in the past two months to be charged with having sex with a minor.
John Scott Thomas III, 28, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing three young girls, in what police said was one of the worst cases of child abuse in the county.
The victims were girls ages 5, 3, and 7 months.
Thomas is set to be sentenced on February 5. In exchange for his guilty plea, prosecutors have asked that his sentence be capped at 30 years.
Rebecca Sue Russell, 31, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing two young girls, ages 5 years old and 7 months old.
Russell is now serving 10 years in jail.
Billy Joe Bunch Jr., 26, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing a 5-year-old girl.
Bunch has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.