- Neymar double as Barca's rampant strikers sink Sociedad
- Vardy breaks record as Leicester draw with United
- Sanctions only deepen Russia-Turkish problem -Turkish official
- Thousands of Arab Israelis protest Islamic Movement ban
- Trump reframes claim that Muslims cheered 9/11
- Pope prays for strife-torn Burundi
- Jamie vardy breaks premier league record but foxes are foiled by united
- Fresh pardon hopes for jailed Saudi blogger
- Coast Guard finds body believed to be missing Chilean man
- The Latest: Wintry storm blamed for 4 more Kansas deaths
More from News
- Lewis hamilton hits back at ron dennis, saying: i don't feel i behave wrongly
- Taking next season off from f1 remains option for fernando alonso
- Jamie vardy scores in record 11th straight premier league game
- UN: Maurice Strong, climate and development pioneer, dies
- Pennsylvania boy, 12, home after surgery to reattach arm
A father's worst nightmare came true when a homeless man admitted to having sex with a 15-year-old girl whose family he knew.
Brent Jacob Surdyke, 28, of St. Charles, Missouri, was charged with statutory rape and statutory sodomy on Thursday.
The relationship between Surdyke and his unnamed victim was discovered by the girl's father, who found text messages between the two on his daughter’s cell phone.
The 15-year-old told her father that she and Surdyke had been having sex, most recently at a St. Charles motel on December 1, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Surdyke, who is reported to be a friend of the family, confessed to the relationship, local police say.
His bail was set at $25,000.
No other details about Surdyke or his ties to the family were available at the time of this report.
Surdyke is the fourth person in the St. Charles area in the past two months to be charged with having sex with a minor.
John Scott Thomas III, 28, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing three young girls, in what police said was one of the worst cases of child abuse in the county.
The victims were girls ages 5, 3, and 7 months.
Thomas is set to be sentenced on February 5. In exchange for his guilty plea, prosecutors have asked that his sentence be capped at 30 years.
Rebecca Sue Russell, 31, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing two young girls, ages 5 years old and 7 months old.
Russell is now serving 10 years in jail.
Billy Joe Bunch Jr., 26, pleaded guilty in November to sexually abusing a 5-year-old girl.
Bunch has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.