- Donald Trump: 'Baltimore prosecutor should prosecute herself' – video
- Facebook trounces Wall St estimates with sharp ad sales growth
- Church attacker nurtured jihad in quiet French town
- Patriots shoot down possibility of quarterback controversy
- US Democrats nominate Tim Kaine as VP pick
- Coalition to formally investigate recent civilian deaths in Syria
- Researchers Seeing More Sharks Up And Down the East Coast
- A Look At Recent Police Deaths Involving Black Men
- Rising Sea Levels Could Flood Naval Academy In Annapolis
- AACo. Sheriff Ron Bateman Acquitted of Assault Charges
More from News
You read about people finding odd things in their food all the time; spiders, fingers, nose rings. But a fully-functioning gun and rounds of ammo is just too weird for words…yet that’s exactly what one supermarket in New Mexico found while unpacking some frozen meat.
The box had been shipped from Colorado to an Albertson’s in Roswell, and when an employee opened the box he found the dangerous little surprise nestled inside.
“The big cases of meat come in a box,” Sabrina Morales, a rep for the Roswell Police Department, said. “When he opened it, he saw the firearm. It wasn’t packaged inside with the meat, but it was in the same box.”
The gun was entered into a database designed to track serial numbers on weapons used in crimes, but nothing came up. Police say they are investigating its origin, but considering the “packed” date on the box is from last summer, it might prove to be like finding a needle in a haystack. Also, investigators aren’t overlooking the glaring disturbing fact uncovered by the story.
“The other part that’s disturbing is the date on the package was 6.8.2011. I don’t know how long meat stays well-frozen, but that was the date of the package he was opening,” Morales said