- Edf boss 'understands delay to nuclear power station decision'
- Motor racing-Formula One German Grand Prix qualifying session 1
- Test Series Zimbabwe v New Zealand scoreboard
- Saudi sprinter Masrahi to miss Olympics because of doping
- Ibrahimovic creating "functional empathy" at Man United - Mourinho
- Pilot Arthur Williams reveals his experiences flying to the most remote places on earth
- Hundreds of amateur sailors celebrate the end of their gruelling 11-month race round the globe…as crews wear black armbands in tribute to British pair who died at sea
- Horror as a £230,000 family home is GUTTED by a blaze sparked by a tumble dryer - a month after they moved in
- Over-washing and home dye jobs: Hairdressers reveal biggest beauty mistakes
- Pilots at crash-hit airline complain of being pushed to the limit by overtime demands in leaked documents that expose crew fatigue - and the moment someone tried to take off with the HANDBRAKE on
'My torment at losing my third baby... and nearly dying': Gwyneth Paltrow speaks about her devastating miscarriage and how she longs for another child
More from News
By Jaymi Mccann
PUBLISHED: 15:29 EST, 16 March 2013 | UPDATED: 15:33 EST, 16 March 2013
Gwyneth Paltrow has spoken for the first time about her anguish at losing her third child in a devastating miscarriage which almost claimed her life, too.
In an unusually candid interview with The Mail on Sunday’s You magazine today, the Hollywood star confides that she is ‘missing’ the baby. And she confesses that she still longs for another child, despite having admitted that she may now have ‘missed the window’ to become a mother again.
This is the first time that the 40-year-old actress has told of the miscarriage, which she describes as a ‘really bad experience’ that has left her worried about trying for another child.
Gwyneth Paltrow has admitted that she misses her baby and longs for another child, despite believing that she may have missed the window
Paltrow said that her husband Chris Martin is the best father to their two children
Ms Paltrow has two children with her husband, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin: daughter Apple, eight, and son Moses, who turns seven next month. Both are keen for a younger sibling.
‘My children ask me to have a baby all the time,’ she says. ‘And you never know, I could squeeze one more in. I am missing my third. I’m thinking about it.
Gwyneth Paltrow glows in 2006 when pregnant with her second child
‘But I had a really bad experience when I was pregnant with my third. It didn’t work out and I nearly died. So I am like, “Are we good here or should we go back and try again?’’
Ms Paltrow also confesses that she feels ‘very broody’ whenever she sees friend Beyonce Knowles with her one-year-old daughter Blue Ivy. The singer also suffered a miscarriage before becoming a mother.
Ms Paltrow, who gives no details of when she suffered the miscarriage, also praises her husband’s talents as a father. ‘Regardless of what happens in our marriage, I chose the best father,’ she says.
‘[Chris] is so good to the children and to know that you had kids with such a good man is a real weight off you. We are committed co-parents, we make all the decisions together and lean on each other for support.’
Last week she caused a stir by revealing that she and Chris, 36, who live in a 33-room house in London, had banned their children from eating high-carb foods such as pasta, bread and rice.
Her revelations about motherhood come less than a year after she spoke of her dilemma over whether to try for a third child as she headed towards her 40th birthday.
In an interview last August, she was asked if she would have another baby and replied: ‘I would love to, but I don’t know if I can go back to diapers and things like that. I’m so past that, I think I may have missed the window. I think maybe when Moses was three I would have done it . . . but now he’s six and such a guy I feel like I’m out of the baby phase. If it happens, it happens.’
Last year it was reported that Gwyneth and Chris, who have been married since 2003, may move to Los Angeles to be closer to Gwyneth’s mother Blythe, 70, after they bought a £6.6 million house there.