- South Carolina mom claims high school teacher told her son 'to go back to Africa'
- Snapchat users watch more than 10 BILLION videos every day
- Woman arrested in France after she asked police officers to check the purity of her cocaine as 'she didn't want people to die of an overdose'
- German government spooks need to spy on mosques, says Merkel ally
- 'I can't be thin': 'Chubby girl' who works out SIX TIMES a week hits back at critics who label her 'unhealthy' and 'unfit' because she doesn't look like an 'Instagram fitness star'
- Hair today, gone tomorrow! Student caught on camera chopping off TWO FEET of her waist-length blonde locks to donate to a children's wig charity
- 'Violated' family claim drone hovered outside teenage daughter's bedroom at night - but police won't investigate because it didn't land on their property
- Dog stuck by three-year-old owner after youngster got lost in woods for NINE hours - after which police charged his parents with neglect and possession of cannabis
- The digs keep coming: Kelly Ripa asks Michael Strahan about his DIVORCES one day after joking about contract negotiations in front of the departing host
- Japan's space agency abandons the search for its missing X-ray satellite
More from News
- Now THAT'S German efficiency! Impressive video shows motorists politely clearing autobahn as emergency vehicles race to an accident
- Deer skull and antlers which are 4,000 YEARS old are found by walkers on beach where storms uncovered ancient forest
- Queen's reaction after Obamas lay down gauntlet to Prince Harry over Invictus Games
- Kensington & Chelsea tops 'parking space squeeze' table as 4x4s take over roads
- Norway helicopter crash kills 11 people including Briton
- George Golubovskis is running for mayor in Traverse City and says he does not receive public assistance
- The homeless man claims he has two degrees from Michigan university, including a masters in Public Policy
- In a YouTube video, which has had almost 3,000 hits in one week, he says he's passionate about the community issues
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 23:29 EST, 2 November 2013 | UPDATED: 23:29 EST, 2 November 2013
A homeless man is running for mayor in Traverse City, Michigan, and says he promises to get a beard trim if elected.
George Golubovskis posted a video on YouTube on October 25 announcing his plan to run for mayor, which has already had almost 3,000 hits since it was posted.
Golubovskis is homeless, but says he does not receive public assistance.
He also claims to have received two degrees from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbour, including a Masters in Public Policy.
Scroll down for video...
'Vote for me': Homeless man George Golubovskis is running for mayor in Traverse City, Michigan, and says he promises to get a beard trim if elected
Well-educated: Golubovskis claims to have received two degrees from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbour, including a Masters in Public Policy
According to the video, which was posted by user, Tyler Durdin, Golubovskis has worked in both politics and the private sector in Washington DC, New York and Europe.
He says if he is elected he promises to trim his beard, get a haircut and switch into more appropriate clothing.
He even holds up his old university T-shirt, saying that is what he used to wear.
Golubovski says he is ‘hyper vocal and hyper local’ and is passionate about issues affecting the city of Traverse.
Those include open space and the Farmer’s Market, and creativity.
Promises: The hopeful candidate shows off his university T-shirt, saying he would change his clothes, and get a haircut as well, if people elect him
Community issues: Golubovski, who has an active Twitter page, says he is ¿hyper vocal and hyper local¿ and is passionate about issues affecting the city of Traverse
‘We could be the most creative community on the Great Lakes,’ Golubovskis says.
‘And the thing is - it's not just creativity and the arts and entertainment centres. It's also creativity with the high tech that's coming to town.’
To be able to be considered a candidate, Golubovskis needs voters to write-in his name as the other option on ballots.
He was told by the City Clerk that because he is not a registered voter, he cannot be a candidate.
You can follow him on Twitter.