- Fiat Chrysler CEO cancels Paris auto show appearance
- Late Schuerrle strike denies Real victory in Dortmund thriller
- The Latest: Woods gets harsh reminder he's not playing
- Prosecutor: No federal charges in police killing in Memphis
- Sporting Lisbon eases past Legia Warsaw in Champions League
- Three men are arrested after police carry out a series of raids and find suspected slaves
- Not the king of the swingers! Bikini-clad woman crashes onto rocks after rope-swing goes wrong over river
- 'There are no winners – I'm glad he didn't go to jail': Heartbroken mother of cyclist, 29, killed by a lorry driver says she is relieved he was spared prison
- Elon Musk unveils interplanetary transport system to 'make humans a multiplanetary species'
- Britain WILL avoid recession following Brexit vote says World Trade Organisation
More from News
- George Golubovskis is running for mayor in Traverse City and says he does not receive public assistance
- The homeless man claims he has two degrees from Michigan university, including a masters in Public Policy
- In a YouTube video, which has had almost 3,000 hits in one week, he says he's passionate about the community issues
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 23:29 EST, 2 November 2013 | UPDATED: 23:29 EST, 2 November 2013
A homeless man is running for mayor in Traverse City, Michigan, and says he promises to get a beard trim if elected.
George Golubovskis posted a video on YouTube on October 25 announcing his plan to run for mayor, which has already had almost 3,000 hits since it was posted.
Golubovskis is homeless, but says he does not receive public assistance.
He also claims to have received two degrees from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbour, including a Masters in Public Policy.
Scroll down for video...
'Vote for me': Homeless man George Golubovskis is running for mayor in Traverse City, Michigan, and says he promises to get a beard trim if elected
Well-educated: Golubovskis claims to have received two degrees from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbour, including a Masters in Public Policy
According to the video, which was posted by user, Tyler Durdin, Golubovskis has worked in both politics and the private sector in Washington DC, New York and Europe.
He says if he is elected he promises to trim his beard, get a haircut and switch into more appropriate clothing.
He even holds up his old university T-shirt, saying that is what he used to wear.
Golubovski says he is ‘hyper vocal and hyper local’ and is passionate about issues affecting the city of Traverse.
Those include open space and the Farmer’s Market, and creativity.
Promises: The hopeful candidate shows off his university T-shirt, saying he would change his clothes, and get a haircut as well, if people elect him
Community issues: Golubovski, who has an active Twitter page, says he is ¿hyper vocal and hyper local¿ and is passionate about issues affecting the city of Traverse
‘We could be the most creative community on the Great Lakes,’ Golubovskis says.
‘And the thing is - it's not just creativity and the arts and entertainment centres. It's also creativity with the high tech that's coming to town.’
To be able to be considered a candidate, Golubovskis needs voters to write-in his name as the other option on ballots.
He was told by the City Clerk that because he is not a registered voter, he cannot be a candidate.
You can follow him on Twitter.