- Fed should hike rates gradually, George says in Jackson Hole
- Spanish economy powers ahead as politicians dither
- Lacazette, Fekir return as France ring changes after Euro 2016
- Blatter says he will accept verdict as CAS appeal begins
- Gov. LePage: Most drug dealers arrested are black, Hispanic
- Jackpot: Scientists Find Earth-Like Planet At Star Next Door
- National Park Service Creating ‘Living Emblem’ in D.C.
- Black Caucus Chair to Meet With Hogan on Medical Marijuana
- Mass street brawl in Hull was sparked by man grabbing woman's bottom in club
- Paul Hollywood divides the nation after DUNKING a Jaffa cake into a cup of tea
More from News
Two-year-old Aiden Calvo’s battered body was covered in bruises, blood was splattered on his bedroom wall, he had broken bones – parents Elizabeth Calvo, 21, and Adam Garber, 25, were arrested while the baby was taken to the hospital Dec 16.
The extent of the boy’s injuries has upset even the most grizzled of police veterans.
Now in jail: Elizabth Calvo (left) and Adam Garber (right) have both been charged with murder
‘Amongst law enforcement, these are the type of cases that really get under your skin,’Gwinnett Police Cpl. Jake Smith told WSB.
Police were called to the evil couple’s suburban Atlanta apartment while he was having seizures and coughing up blood, according to a police report cited by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
What they found inside the house of horrors shocked them.
The staggering severity of the abuse suffered by the helpless baby was not discovered until he arrived at the hospital.
He had bruises on his back, forehead and genitals, a hand print on his buttocks, bite marks on multiple fingers, bleeding in his nose and stomach, a fractured skull, diaper rash so severe it caused the skin to breakdown and bleeding on the brain from a traumatic brain injury.
The baby's blood was splattered on the walls.
Mr Garber attempted to explain the grisly scene by saying he had diaper rash and bruised easily, cops said.
Tortured toddler: Aiden Calvo, only two-years-old, was beaten to death by his parents, cops said
House of horrors: The Couple shared by the demented couple and where the baby's blood was found splattered on the walls
The suffering baby is believed to have died from the head wound, Mr Smith told WSB.
The pair initially faced child cruelty charges, but those were upgraded once the tortured toddler succumbed to his injuries only three days before Christmas.
Ms Calvo and Mr Garber both turned on each other under questioning from investigators, blaming the other for the abuse – authorities did not buy it.
‘The detectives have evidence to suggest that both participated and certainly both participated in the neglect,’ Mr Smith told WSB.
Multiple reports claim the pair told investigators they had moved from New York only days before making the 911 call.
The demented duo now sits in Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond and are due to appear in court Tuesday morning.