- Shoaib and Shadab lead Pakistan to opening win over Windies
- Lacklustre Romania held to goalless draw by Denmark
- Defoe scores on return for England in front of ill friend
- Ward and Washington on-target as Northern Ireland see off Norway
- The Latest: Kentucky, UNC have most combined tourney wins
- Police: Man Arrested After Gun Found In Stroller
- On Time: March 26, 2017
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Dances Off With Top Box Office Spot
- 46 Dogs Arrive In US From South Korea, Saved From Slaughter
- Court Rejects Appeal Of Ex-Grad Student Who Killed Friend
More from News
Police say a central New York couple has been charged with fatally beating their 19-year-old son inside a church and four fellow church members have been charged with assault.
The attack also left the young man's 17-year-old brother hospitalized in serious condition with injuries from an assault.
The New Hartford Police Department says Bruce and Deborah Leonard of Clayville are charged with first-degree manslaughter in the death of their son Lucas. Police say Lucas Leonard died Monday after he was beaten at Word of Life Church in New Hartford.
The six church members were arraigned Tuesday and sent to Oneida County Jail without bail. Bruce Leonard's lawyer said it was too early to comment on details of the case. Deborah Leonard's lawyer declined to comment.
Police said more arrests are expected as the investigation continues. A possible motive wasn't disclosed.