- Thorny skate will not be added to endangered species list
- U.S. Democrats pick Perez to lead party against Trump
- Pensioner dies after car driven into group of pedestrians in German city
- O'Shea: Italy needs support to make it strong in Six Nations
- Trump decides to skip White House press dinner
- 'I've won £200k in my Spanish property fight'
- Helen Bailey's killer's sons will inherit slice of fortune
- Hanky banky! Couple are caught having sex next to an ATM
- Man shot after driving vehicle into pedestrians in Germany
- Fury as memorial to Second World War airmen is vandalised
More from News
Police say a central New York couple has been charged with fatally beating their 19-year-old son inside a church and four fellow church members have been charged with assault.
The attack also left the young man's 17-year-old brother hospitalized in serious condition with injuries from an assault.
The New Hartford Police Department says Bruce and Deborah Leonard of Clayville are charged with first-degree manslaughter in the death of their son Lucas. Police say Lucas Leonard died Monday after he was beaten at Word of Life Church in New Hartford.
The six church members were arraigned Tuesday and sent to Oneida County Jail without bail. Bruce Leonard's lawyer said it was too early to comment on details of the case. Deborah Leonard's lawyer declined to comment.
Police said more arrests are expected as the investigation continues. A possible motive wasn't disclosed.