- Thorny skate will not be added to endangered species list
- U.S. Democrats pick Perez to lead party against Trump
- Pensioner dies after car driven into group of pedestrians in German city
- O'Shea: Italy needs support to make it strong in Six Nations
- Trump decides to skip White House press dinner
- 'I've won £200k in my Spanish property fight'
- Helen Bailey's killer's sons will inherit slice of fortune
- Hanky banky! Couple are caught having sex next to an ATM
- Man shot after driving vehicle into pedestrians in Germany
- Fury as memorial to Second World War airmen is vandalised
More from News
A former upstate New York judge who says he was knocked over the head with a toilet tank lid and choked at work but later was convicted of false reporting has been sentenced to six months in jail.
Waterloo Village ex-judge Roger Barto could have received up to seven years in prison during Tuesday's sentencing. He also was given five years of probation.
A Seneca County jury convicted the 53-year-old Barto in August of insurance fraud, defrauding the government, falsifying business records and falsely reporting an incident.
District Attorney Barry Porsch has said Barto made up the story two years ago to get prescription painkillers.
Defense attorney Gary Muldoon says Barto stands by his account and will appeal.
Barto has paid more than $41,000 in restitution to cover hospital bills.