- Shoaib and Shadab lead Pakistan to opening win over Windies
- Lacklustre Romania held to goalless draw by Denmark
- Defoe scores on return for England in front of ill friend
- Ward and Washington on-target as Northern Ireland see off Norway
- The Latest: Kentucky, UNC have most combined tourney wins
- Police: Man Arrested After Gun Found In Stroller
- On Time: March 26, 2017
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Dances Off With Top Box Office Spot
- 46 Dogs Arrive In US From South Korea, Saved From Slaughter
- Court Rejects Appeal Of Ex-Grad Student Who Killed Friend
More from News
A former upstate New York judge who says he was knocked over the head with a toilet tank lid and choked at work but later was convicted of false reporting has been sentenced to six months in jail.
Waterloo Village ex-judge Roger Barto could have received up to seven years in prison during Tuesday's sentencing. He also was given five years of probation.
A Seneca County jury convicted the 53-year-old Barto in August of insurance fraud, defrauding the government, falsifying business records and falsely reporting an incident.
District Attorney Barry Porsch has said Barto made up the story two years ago to get prescription painkillers.
Defense attorney Gary Muldoon says Barto stands by his account and will appeal.
Barto has paid more than $41,000 in restitution to cover hospital bills.