- Three Iraqi presidential guards kidnapped near northern town -sources
- US economy, banks resilient to shocks: Fed official
- Argentine creditor calls country's return to U.S. court 'baffling'
- Athletes concerned about Zika before Rio Olympic test event
- Outlook for Syria peace talks still "cloudy" - U.N.
- Georgia officer gunned down: Flowers, candles, mourning
- Restaurant owner charged in fire that killed 5 immigrants
- Autopsy reports found from 1929 Valentine's Day massacre
- Italy mourns, premier demands truth from Egypt in slaying
- Masked diego costa to lead chelsea's "zorro team"
More from Maryland
- Judge defers ruling on retrial for Adnan Syed in 'Serial' murder case
- Towson diving coach given probation in secret locker-room video scandal
- Serial fans' eyes on Baltimore as new ruling approaches for Adnan Syed
- Serial case: victim's family offers rare statement before hearing resumes
- Adnan Syed to argue his innocence at hearing to consider new evidence
OLNEY, Md. - Police shot and killed a man after a confrontation at an Olney restaurant.
It happened at the Urban Barbecue on Olney Sandy Spring Road Wednesday afternoon.
Witnesses say an angry customer went to his car and came back in with a gun.
Then he pointed it at his own head and at the heads of several restaurant employees.
Police were called in. They say he did not comply with orders, and they opened fire.
The two officers are now on routine leave during the investigation.
There is no ID yet on the gunman.