- Helen marten named winner of 2016 turner prize
- Justice suspends president of Brazil's Senate from duties
- The Latest: Prosecutors plan to retry police officer
- Police officer charged for slapping man dressed as bunny
- Man Convicted In Son’s Hot-Car Death Gets Life, No Parole
- Police: Fake News Story Led Gunman To Popular D.C. Pizzeria
- Keidel: Are These Chiefs For Real?
- Mistrial Declared In Black Motorist’s Shooting
- Maryland Woman Ordered Released on Bail from Gambian Prison
- Grinch Investigation: Christmas Lights Stolen In Edgemere
More from Maryland
- Bus crash in Baltimore kills six people and injures 10
- Adnan Syed asks for release from prison while he awaits retrial in Serial case
- Eye in the sky: billionaires' surveillance project raises privacy fears in Baltimore
- Woman searches for missing 78-year-old turtle she's had since she was five
- Baltimore man who called 911 for help dies after being punched by police
OLNEY, Md. - Police shot and killed a man after a confrontation at an Olney restaurant.
It happened at the Urban Barbecue on Olney Sandy Spring Road Wednesday afternoon.
Witnesses say an angry customer went to his car and came back in with a gun.
Then he pointed it at his own head and at the heads of several restaurant employees.
Police were called in. They say he did not comply with orders, and they opened fire.
The two officers are now on routine leave during the investigation.
There is no ID yet on the gunman.