- Kentucky students light trash on fire after Elite 8 loss
- Georgia couple battles for the right to give surname Allah
- White artist's Emmett Till painting under fire at museum
- Children feared dead after avalanche hits Japanese resort
- Ivanka Trump and her children pose with an elephant
- Shoaib and Shadab lead Pakistan to opening win over Windies
- Lacklustre Romania held to goalless draw by Denmark
- Defoe scores on return for England in front of ill friend
- Ward and Washington on-target as Northern Ireland see off Norway
- The Latest: Kentucky, UNC have most combined tourney wins
More from Maryland
- Maryland judge to issue ruling in lawsuit challenging Trump travel ban
- Melania Trump refiles $150m libel lawsuit against Daily Mail site publisher
- Melania Trump's libel lawsuit against Daily Mail dismissed by Maryland judge
- CIA makes 12m pages of declassified documents searchable online
- Bomb threats target Jewish community centers from Florida to New Jersey
OLNEY, Md. - Police shot and killed a man after a confrontation at an Olney restaurant.
It happened at the Urban Barbecue on Olney Sandy Spring Road Wednesday afternoon.
Witnesses say an angry customer went to his car and came back in with a gun.
Then he pointed it at his own head and at the heads of several restaurant employees.
Police were called in. They say he did not comply with orders, and they opened fire.
The two officers are now on routine leave during the investigation.
There is no ID yet on the gunman.