- Likud lawmaker's antics make him bad boy of Israeli politics
- Nigeria: Suspected Boko Haram bombing hits Shiite procession
- Police say man in Mississippi Waffle House kills employee
- Former Virginia House speaker, Norfolk treasurer dies at 87
- The Latest: Justice blocks Native Hawaiian vote count
- Chilean mom restricted access to baby for smoking marijuana
- Black Friday crowds thin in subdued start to U.S. holiday shopping
- Protest over Chicago teen's shooting ties up retail district
- Israel 'soon' to open Abu Dhabi office for renewable energy
- Ringleader of Paris attacks planned more strikes, mocked open borders - sources
More from Maryland
- Towson diving coach charged in secret locker-room video scandal
- Top US swimming coach departs amid investigation into secret locker-room video
- Maryland college closed for weeks amid fears missing student may be armed
- ‘There is zero control’: report on Freddie Gray protests feeds crisis of confidence in police
- Maryland governor Larry Hogan announces he is '100% cancer free'
OLNEY, Md. - Police shot and killed a man after a confrontation at an Olney restaurant.
It happened at the Urban Barbecue on Olney Sandy Spring Road Wednesday afternoon.
Witnesses say an angry customer went to his car and came back in with a gun.
Then he pointed it at his own head and at the heads of several restaurant employees.
Police were called in. They say he did not comply with orders, and they opened fire.
The two officers are now on routine leave during the investigation.
There is no ID yet on the gunman.