- Police Chase Suspect Charged In Crash That Left Woman Dead
- Chesapeake Bay’s Underwater Grasses Making a Comeback
- Some Md. Voters Call For Removal Of Board Of Elections
- Ringling Bros. Circus Elephants Take Final Bow
- This Week In Golf: Brian Stuard Wins Playoff At Shortened Zurich Classic
- Excitement Builds As $40M Renovation Nears Completion At Pikesville High School
- Cyberbullying Allegations Continue After Firefighter Commits Suicide
- Baltimore Police Investigate 26-Year-Old Woman’s Murder
- Thousands, Including ‘Orioles Fan’ Breach Baghdad’s Green Zone
- 16-Year-Old Killed, 2 Teens Injured In Baltimore Shootings
More from Maryland
- Maryland University officials say racist drawing of lynching left on a library whiteboard was made by two black students
- Clinton and Trump Get Critical Wins in Maryland Primary
- Sanders' bid for black vote in Baltimore highlights struggles to broaden appeal
- Mr Smith goes to Washington: a British scribe's ticket to the 'Acela primary'
- 3 Arrested At Trump’s Rally In Maryland
There is an evidence dispute in the case against the man accused of killing his estranged wife and her 11-year-old son.
Curtis Lopez is charged with the murder of his estranged wife and son. (Photo: Montgomery County Police)
Cutis Lopez, 45, wants a judge to bar prosecutors from using his cellphone records.
Authorities used those records to trace his movements between the time Jane McQuain was last seen in October and the night her body was found beaten and stabbed to death in her Germantown home.
PHOTOS: William McQuain, 11, remembered after death
Authorities allege that Lopez, 45, is responsible for her murder and the murder of her son William in Montgomery County.
Lopez is charged with two counts each of murder and kidnapping and one count of robbery.
Lopez was arrested in North Carolina in mid-October, just days before William's body was found in the woods in Clarksburg.