- Mystery of Pluto's 'floating hills' solved
- Car park space goes on sale for £350,000… double the average house price in England and the same as a Lamborghini
- Former Pirelli model wins right to sue her Saudi billionaire ex-husband for slice of his fortune
- Schoolboy lives with his grandparents because local primary school won’t let him attend
- St John's Wort safety alert: More than 90,000 packs of herbal supplement are recalled over poisoning fears
- 'He was awesome': Alabama trooper stops speeding couple rushing to a hospital...and instead delivers a baby boy
- Murdered Cambridge student Giulio Regeni 'was killed by Egyptian secret services'
- Man 'researched miscarriages before beating his pregnant girlfriend so badly that the baby's remains had to be removed by cesarean'
- Tourist flies stray dog Charlie home to LA after bonding with him on Peru holiday and paying to treat his 'raw paws, broken skin and malnutrition'
- Donald Trump goes back to taunting Jeb Bush as 'a total stiff'
More from Maryland
- Serial fans' eyes on Baltimore as new ruling approaches for Adnan Syed
- Serial case: victim's family offers rare statement before hearing resumes
- Adnan Syed to argue his innocence at hearing to consider new evidence
- Barack Obama uses mosque visit to call for rounded Muslim characters on TV
- Woman tells Adnan Syed hearing she was dissuaded from providing him with potential alibi
There is an evidence dispute in the case against the man accused of killing his estranged wife and her 11-year-old son.
Curtis Lopez is charged with the murder of his estranged wife and son. (Photo: Montgomery County Police)
Cutis Lopez, 45, wants a judge to bar prosecutors from using his cellphone records.
Authorities used those records to trace his movements between the time Jane McQuain was last seen in October and the night her body was found beaten and stabbed to death in her Germantown home.
PHOTOS: William McQuain, 11, remembered after death
Authorities allege that Lopez, 45, is responsible for her murder and the murder of her son William in Montgomery County.
Lopez is charged with two counts each of murder and kidnapping and one count of robbery.
Lopez was arrested in North Carolina in mid-October, just days before William's body was found in the woods in Clarksburg.