- Australia seal 333-run Test win over India
- Afghan official: IS militants kill 11 in mosque ambush
- Comey in middle of political fray over Trump and Russians
- Bjoergen wins record 15th world cross-country ski title
- Azerbaijan soldiers killed in Karabakh fighting
- Brazilian lawyer dumped career to become a PROSTITUTE
- Man is found dead in Hollywood's famed Magic Castle'
- How Siri and Alexa create a generation of spoilt brats
- Women arrested over Kim Jong-nam worked massage parlours
- The secret of happiness? Live life in the slow lane
More from Maryland
- Melania Trump refiles $150m libel lawsuit against Daily Mail site publisher
- Melania Trump's libel lawsuit against Daily Mail dismissed by Maryland judge
- CIA makes 12m pages of declassified documents searchable online
- Bomb threats target Jewish community centers from Florida to New Jersey
- Temperatures plunge to new lows in midwest and northern plains
ABERDEEN, Md. - Authorities say an Aberdeen man fatally shot himself after shooting and injuring his live-in girlfriend.
The Harford County Sheriff's Office says the 48-year-old woman was shot early Saturday morning and fled to a neighbor's house along with 1 of her adult daughters.
The other adult daughter remained inside the home with the armed man, later identified as 45-year-old Elroy Cole. Deputies located her inside a rear bedroom and helped her escape through a rear window.
Police then entered the home and found Cole dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The female gunshot victim was taken to Shock Trauma in Baltimore, where she was treated and released.