- Chicago policeman charged with murder in 2014 shooting of black teen
- Panthers, Packers top US Thanksgiving holiday lineup
- PRESS DIGEST-New Zealand newspapers - Nov 25
- In Mexico, fear as victims vanish at hands of police
- Justices asked to block Native Hawaiian election vote count
- Kuwait awards record $30 bn on projects despite oil slide
- Police: Officer shoots man swinging butcher knife in wrist
- Deadly explosion hits presidential guard bus in Tunis, at least 12 dead
- Pakistan poised to execute paraplegic prisoner
- Son of man charged in girl's death back in Ky after arrest
More from Maryland
- Top US swimming coach departs amid investigation into secret locker-room video
- Maryland college closed for weeks amid fears missing student may be armed
- ‘There is zero control’: report on Freddie Gray protests feeds crisis of confidence in police
- Maryland governor Larry Hogan announces he is '100% cancer free'
- Maryland judge orders Serial subject Adnan Syed’s case re-opened
ABERDEEN, Md. - Authorities say an Aberdeen man fatally shot himself after shooting and injuring his live-in girlfriend.
The Harford County Sheriff's Office says the 48-year-old woman was shot early Saturday morning and fled to a neighbor's house along with 1 of her adult daughters.
The other adult daughter remained inside the home with the armed man, later identified as 45-year-old Elroy Cole. Deputies located her inside a rear bedroom and helped her escape through a rear window.
Police then entered the home and found Cole dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The female gunshot victim was taken to Shock Trauma in Baltimore, where she was treated and released.