- US STOCKS-Wall St opens lower as energy, finance stocks weigh
- IPO of Snapchat company oversubscribed
- US new-home sales rise in sign of housing market health
- Dems tap former Kentucky governor to counter Trump speech
- Kraft's shock bid triggers Unilever focus on short-term value
- The world’s best HIDDEN beaches revealed
- Colourised images show the luxury aboard the Titanic
- McDonald's to close 12th century medieval branch
- The scientific proof that you CAN die of a broken heart
- Ex-cop charged with shooting girl, 15, in the back
More from Baltimore
ATLANTA (AP) — A hospitalized 21-month-old Georgia boy has died days after authorities say his father beat him and his 3-year-old sister.
News outlets reports that Shomari Holmes Jr. was taken off of life support and died Thursday afternoon at an Atlanta hospital.
The child had been hospitalized since he was found unresponsive Saturday at an apartment in suburban Atlanta. Authorities say the child’s father, Shomari Holmes, struck the boy in the head and ribs with a closed fist, causing internal bleeding.
Police say charges against Holmes will be upgraded to felony murder.
The toddler’s mother, Chantelle Driver, also has been arrested after police say she knew Holmes was beating the boy and refused to call police. She is charged with second-degree child cruelty and contributing to the deprivation of a minor.
Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook
(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)