- Best work subscription boxes to get at the office
- Large python swallows to fake plastic eggs in Brisbane
- Supreme Court rules for Texas death row inmate
- What completed Dakota Access pipeline means for key players
- World Video Game Hall of Fame names 2017 finalists
- Britain will seek ambitious Gulf trade arrangement after Brexit, says PM
- Rick Dempsey On The Orioles Roster Picture Clearing Up As Opening Day Approaches
- Woman Dies After Being Stabbed In Baltimore City
- Rob Long: The Dawning Of A New Day
- CBS Local Bracket Update: Out Of 28,373 Brackets, None Have Perfect Final Four
More from Baltimore
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Police now say the man found dead in the basement of a home that was destroyed by an explosion last week committed suicide by shooting himself.
The remains of Steven Martin Beck and a dog were found in the wreckage of a Rockville house that was leveled by an explosion.
RELATED: Home Explodes In Rockville: ‘It’s Just A Pile Of Bricks’
The explosion rocked the Montgomery County community just before 1 a.m. on March 17, and scattered debris in the 11400 block of Ashley Dr.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore performed an autopsy on the body found, and identified it as Beck.
They were also able to determine that Beck’s cause of death was suicide by gunshot wound.
The dog’s remains found nearby were also examined, and it was found that the dog’s death was caused by a gunshot wound.
The cause of the explosion is still under investigation.
Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook