- Chicago policeman charged with murder in 2014 shooting of black teen
- Panthers, Packers top US Thanksgiving holiday lineup
- PRESS DIGEST-New Zealand newspapers - Nov 25
- In Mexico, fear as victims vanish at hands of police
- Justices asked to block Native Hawaiian election vote count
- Kuwait awards record $30 bn on projects despite oil slide
- Police: Officer shoots man swinging butcher knife in wrist
- Deadly explosion hits presidential guard bus in Tunis, at least 12 dead
- Pakistan poised to execute paraplegic prisoner
- Son of man charged in girl's death back in Ky after arrest
More from Baltimore
- BDC Releases Recovery Report Detailing Assistance Given To Businesses Affected By Riots
- Dundalk Man Swings Knife At Baltimore County Police Officer
- 2016 Tony Awards Get New Venue, Air Date
- Baltimore Mayor Heading To Paris For Climate Conference
- FanDuel Weekly Roundup: Who To Play, Who To Pass For NFL Week 12
Reporting Alex DeMetrick
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAnnapolis, Flooding, Hurricane Sandy, Power Outages, Winds
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ/AP)— As the pressure drops, winds are picking up in Annapolis.
Alex DeMetrick reports on the conditions in our state capital.
At this point, a lot of storm surge is not expected and power outages are at a minimum. But there is a lot of wind.
There aren’t a lot of boats on the harbor, as the city of Annapolis announced that anyone who enters the harbor at this point are on their own. Annapolis is not liable for any damage.
The city is also announcing in advance that all government offices will be closed.
Mayor Joshua Cohen says government offices will be closed Tuesday, with the exception of essential employees. He’s also urging all residents of the state capital to stay off the road.
There’ll also be no garbage and recycling pickup on Tuesday.
Anyone who attempted to pay their utility bill at City Hall while offices were closed will be granted a grace period.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)