- Mixed news for england coach jones as hartley returns but kruis has surgery
- 'This forest is like an old friend' - India's tribal women fight for land ownership
- Tereos says in negotiations to acquire Petrobras' Guarani stake
- The Norris & Long Show Best Of – Week Of October 22nd
- Paedophile caught by vigilantes as he hoped to meet girl, 11, at Bluewater shopping centre while his partner was at hen party is jailed for five years
- TOM UTLEY: My new £265 shoes and why the Apple boss's dream of a cashless society would beggar us all
- Harry Redknapp's wife Sandra fears missing daughter-in-law Louise's Strictly performance
- Trendy ‘nose-to-tail’ dining is linked to cancer risk
- PM faces more tough Brexit talks as EU leaders say doors MUST stay open to migrants if we want the single market and our former man in Brussels warns they are driven by ‘emotion’
- Ken Bone appears in new election campaign video and attends the Doctor Strange premiere
More from Baltimore
Reporting Alex DeMetrick
Filed underLocal, News
Related tagsAnnapolis, Flooding, Hurricane Sandy, Power Outages, Winds
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ/AP)— As the pressure drops, winds are picking up in Annapolis.
Alex DeMetrick reports on the conditions in our state capital.
At this point, a lot of storm surge is not expected and power outages are at a minimum. But there is a lot of wind.
There aren’t a lot of boats on the harbor, as the city of Annapolis announced that anyone who enters the harbor at this point are on their own. Annapolis is not liable for any damage.
The city is also announcing in advance that all government offices will be closed.
Mayor Joshua Cohen says government offices will be closed Tuesday, with the exception of essential employees. He’s also urging all residents of the state capital to stay off the road.
There’ll also be no garbage and recycling pickup on Tuesday.
Anyone who attempted to pay their utility bill at City Hall while offices were closed will be granted a grace period.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)