- Japan to double direct spending in stimulus package-Nikkei
- Hyundai Motor Q2 net profit slips 2.6 pct in 10th straight quarterly drop
- Australian leader launches inquiry into teen detainee abuse
- United flight lands safely after landing gear problem
- Russia FM shrugs off Democratic email hack allegations
- VIDEO: Charges Pending After Boaters Brawl On Md. River
- Pot Activists March With 51-Foot Joint During DNC
- Police: Man Found Shot in Head on Patapsco Ave. ‘Critical’
- Jones Carries Orioles To 3-2 Win Over Rockies In 10 Innings
- Restaurant That Served Driver Who Killed Noah Leotta Forfeits License
More from Baltimore
Reporting Kai Jackson
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsBaltimore County Police Department, Homecoming, Recher Theatre, Riot, Towson, violence
Popular Entertainment Photo Galleries
Car Snapped: Celebrities Caught On The Go
Notable Deaths Of 2012
All-Time Father-Son Celebrity Duos
25 Downs: NFL Injuries Over The Years
» More Photo Galleries
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ)—New 911 calls shed light on a riot that broke out in the center of Towson in September. One person was shot, several arrested, and the chaos was caught on tape.
Kai Jackson has the details in a new police report.
The report will be a central component at a hearing for the Recher next week and could mark the end of the theaters problems or the beginning of more.
Youtube video shows the melee outside the Recher Theatre in Towson that started late night on September 24.
Police work quickly trying to control a rowdy crowd after a frat party inside the theater spilled outside and spiraled out of control.
“Actually I left before everything started breaking out. I wasn’t around for any of the real fighting,” said Matthew Miller, a Towson University student.
Now a new report by Baltimore County police and 911 calls detail what happened.
911 Caller: “We have too many people out here, we have people fighting and stuff. I need them here immediately.”
“It was a very large crowd. They outnumbered the officers, and the officers called additional resources in to help manage the crowd and moved them along,” said Det. Cathy Batton, Baltimore County Police.
Police say between 1500 and 2000 people were part of an alcohol fueled mob scene.
911 Dispatcher: “Are they intoxicated?”
Police say one person in the area suffered two gunshot wounds. It’s unclear who shot him. Three officers were hurt in the fighting. Eight people were arrested.
At least one student who was out the night of the chaos says details of Baltimore County’s police report are dead on accurate.
“I know it was very crowded that night. There was definitely rivaling schools among the area,” the student said.
According to the report, Baltimore County believes officers acted appropriately given the circumstances.
On Monday the Recher Theatre has a hearing with the Baltimore County Liquor Board to discuss what role the theater played in the incident.