- S. Africa's withdrawal rocks International Criminal Court
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe skirts retirement talk at burial of friend
- Libya forces 'free 13 foreigners from IS group'
- West Indies crumble after Misbah's near miss
- Egyptian court upholds 20-year jail sentence for Morsi
- Person Jumps from Building to Escape Fire
- With their belongings in bin bags and shopping trolleys, thousands of migrants are set to spread across Northern France as they are forced to leave the Calais Jungle so it can be bulldozed
- Woman left with gruesome bite marks after a SNAKE attacked her in a city suburb when it got a whiff of her Aldi CHICKEN!
- 80 people are evacuated from homes as man with ‘hazardous items’ is locked inside house
- League table of most prosperous places to live show it's grim up north
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.