- TABLE-David Baldacci's 'The Guilty' tops U.S. best-seller list
- Turkish military says met Russian attaches, explained downing of jet
- Egypt says 2nd round of voting saw 30 percent turnout
- NY declares victory in Alzheimer's drug antitrust lawsuit
- Police: Man threatened students learning to parallel park
- Anti-IS coalition with Russia is wishful thinking, experts warn
- American Airlines stops taking payment in Argentine currency
- Woman with late-stage cancer to get medical marijuana card
- US sanctions Syria-IS oil buyer, World Chess Federation chief
- Biden meets Balkan leaders at summit on refugees, threats
More from Baltimore
- Ravens Claim QB Jimmy Clausen
- Towson Dive Coach Placed On Administrative Leave Amid Peeping Tom Investigation
- Tracy Wolfson: Dallas May Have Carolina’s Number In Thanksgiving Day Matchup
- New Poll Shows Voters Divided When It Comes To Blame For Baltimore Unrest
- Listen Live: Illinois State Vs. Maryland [Live Audio] Cancun Challenge
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.