- Rio samba school ires farmers with pro-environment parade
- Philippine envoy vows to 'destroy criminals' in UN speech
- WEATHER BLOG: Another Warm Up On The Way
- Goucher Poll Shows Hogan Remains Popular
- Warm Weather Forces Wisp To Close Early
- Suffolk husband, 65, and wife, 58, are found dead
- Couple LOSE court bid to keep dog in their £1million flat
- Fight on train after woman places bagel on man's head
- Oscars: The secrets behind the fine-tuned voting process
- Woman 'who assassinated Kim Jong-nam' partied night before
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.