- U.S. greenlights Norwegian Air flights in blow to U.S. industry
- Dustin Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama tied for lead in Bahamas
- Trump speaks with Taiwan leader, risking Chinese anger
- U.S. president-elect, in break with practice, speaks to Taiwan's leader
- Political donor pleads guilty to investment fraud scheme
- Jury Finds Teen Not Guilty Of 1st-Degree Murder In Bowers Case
- Oxford University students dress as Santa Claus for drunken night out
- How Ed Sheeran has become loved by all A-List celebrities
- Colombian plane crash survivor cal out into the darkness for his work colleagues
- Jury deadlocked in white South Carolina cop's trial for shooting death of Walter Scott
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.