- Ferguson mayor: City is willing to challenge feds in court
- Burger King's next conquest: Hot dog king
- A winner in NH, Trump faces fresh test in South Carolina
- Surprise insurance fees often follow medical emergencies
- The Latest: European markets close up amid Yellen comments
- Romania upholds sentence for communist-era prison commander
- US stocks move higher as Fed's Yellen signals caution
- Dutchman wrongly jailed for rape is freed after TWELVE YEARS in a Spanish prison after the British killer of Sally Anne Bowman admitted to carrying out the sex attack
- Workers clear TEN truckloads of rubbish from a hoarder's home after owner was told to sort out the mess when it became infested with rats
- Brother-in-law suspected of killing an elderly couple who were attacked in their home before their bungalow was set alight has died from severe burns
More from Baltimore
- MADD Releases First 50-state Report On Ignition Interlocks
- Chesapeake Conservancy: Obama Budget Contains $29M For Bay
- Post-Conviction Hearing In Adnan Syed Wraps After 5 Days
- Man Pleads Guilty To Attempted Murder In ‘Selfie’ Arson Case
- Chris Knoche On What He Takes Away From Maryland’s Win Over Bowie State
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.