- New blow for embattled national abuse probe as junior counsel quits role
- Colombia president says Pope Francis to visit
- The Latest: Pelosi says Democrats can still capture House
- Silver Spring Man Arrested With Gun at BWI
- Supreme Court Asked To Block $1B NFL Concussion Settlement
- Ray Rice Still Waits For 2nd Chance, Doesn’t Begrudge Hardy
- 5 Reasons Ravens Special Teams Is The Best
- Two men cause traffic chaos in 'ridiculous' five-minute road-rage scrap
- Perth killer who choked his girlfriend to death in row over food jailed for six years
- Gary Lineker calls for police probe into football corruption after Sam Allardyce scandal
More from Baltimore
Reporting Meghan McCorkell
Filed underLocal, News, Syndicated Local
Related tagsPolice-Involved Shooting, Shooting, St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center Shooting
TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore County police are investigating a police-involved shooting at St. Joseph Medical Center. It happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to officials, a police officer was guarding a prisoner receiving medical treatment in the emergency room. There was a struggle between the two and the officer’s weapon discharged into the wall. Pepper spray was also used to subdue the prison.
The prisoner’s name has not been released and his condition is not known at this time.
No injuries were reported.
People are being re-routed to another entrance of the ER as the investigation continues.
Stay with WJZ.COM for more information on this developing story.