- Germany arrests 2 brothers suspected of extremism
- Tale of 2 cakes: Trump's inaugural treat mirrors Obama's
- Volunteer on USS Yorktown celebrates 95th birthday
- Scotland's Sturgeon raises independence spectre after court ruling
- Germany nears decision to beef up short-range air defences - sources
- WEATHER BLOG: “Perfect Day” On Wednesday
- YouTube's Joey Salads walks around NYC in Trump hat
- First funerals take place for victims of Italian avalanche
- Derailment disrupts rail services amid only `one or two´ Southern cancellations
- Sunderland sign Joleon Lescott on a short-term contract
More from Baltimore
(Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
Filed underLocal, News, NFL, Ravens, Sports, Syndicated Local, Syndicated Sports
Related tagsBaltimore Ravens, Edwin M. Lee, Jim Harbaugh, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Super Bowl
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and San Francisco Mayor Edwin M. Lee agreed to a friendly wager on the outcome of this weekend’s Super Bowl.
The winning mayor will host the mayor from the losing team for an AmeriCorps Day of Service. In addition, the losing mayor will visit the local crab market, donning the jersey of the winning team and crack the region’s well known crustacean–Dungeness crab in San Francisco or blue crab in Baltimore.
“The Baltimore Ravens reached the Super Bowl this year with a combination of devastating defense and flawless offense,” said Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake. “Their victory on Sunday will further cement Baltimore’s legacy as a great football city and serve as the perfect capstone to the Hall of Fame career of Ray Lewis.”
“The Niners don’t always go to the Super Bowl, but when they do, they win,” said Mayor Ed Lee. “Behind the leadership of Coach Jim Harbaugh, the red & gold are going to finish the job against the Ravens, bringing home the city’s sixth Lombardi Trophy!”
The Ravens will face the 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII this Sunday at 6:30 p.m. in New Orleans. WJZ-TV will have complete coverage.