- Paris: School chief injured as teens protest police violence
- Police chief `calls for counselling and rehab for lower level paedophiles´
- To secure Mosul, Iraq army makes desert push with US help
- Japan's Emperor Akihito on first-ever visit to Vietnam
- Maryland JCC One Of Multiple Centers To Receive Bomb Threat Monday
- City Schools Face Largest Budget Gap In History, Mayor Asks Gov. For Help
- Maryland Senate Nixes Opt-Out Bill On Animal Dissections
- Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's home is demolished
- Nigel Farage calls for Ukip's only MP to be kicked out
- UK’s ‘oldest Iron Age gold' is revealed
More from Odd News
- The 62-year-old woman got lost and stuck in a frozen mud pond in east China
- An officer attended the scene on January 28 and tried to keep her warm
- The woman suffers from Alzheimer's disease and was only able to roll her eyes
- Family didn't notice she was missing until she was rescued the next morning
This is the heartwarming moment a woman with Alzheimer's disease was rescued by a policeman after she became stuck in a drained lotus pond in eastern China.
Police arrived at the scene on January 28 in Anhui province and successfully managed to rescue the woman within half an hour, reports the People's Daily Online.
An officer lifted her body onto his lap to keep the 62-year-old warm until the ambulance arrived to take her to hospital.
Police officer Zhu Guoxing offered himself as a 'bolster pillow' to keep the woman warm
The 62-year-old unidentified woman from Banta Town was found covered in mud.
She was unable to move.
According to reports, the woman has difficulty recognising directions after being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.
Her body was frozen and covered in mud and she was only able to roll her eyes.
It is unclear how long she had been stuck in the freezing cold pond.
The lotus pond had been drained following the end of the lotus picking season which came to an end in winter.
Police received a report of a woman stuck at around 8.10 am and sent an officer to investigate.
Officer Zhu Guoxing arrived at the scene and used his body as a pillow to keep the woman warm while they waited for an ambulance.
Upon seeing the woman, some surrounding villagers recognised her and helped drag her out of the pond.
Officer Zhu said: 'The woman is 62 years old, diagnosed with serious Alzhemier's disease. She went out of bed shortly after her family put her to sleep last night.'
'Her family didn't know she went out, until she was being rescued,' he added.
The woman was taken home to change her clothing and then transferred to hospital for a check-up.