- 3 storm chasers die in crash during Southern Plains storms
- GRAINS-Wheat rises on short covering ahead of plantings report
- "After nine months UK has delivered Brexit," tweets EU's Tusk
- WEATHER BLOG: March Comes In Like A Lamb, Out Like A Lamb
- Daily Mail wins at UK Picture Editors’ Guild Awards 2017
- Sioned Wyn Roberts dies days before The Voice audition
- Firm fined after driver killed his BROTHER at Heathrow
- Immigrant's daughter from Newham wins place at MIT
- Man 'jumps off Westminster Bridge' a week after attack
- Fascinating photos of Nigeria taken 65 years ago
More from Odd News
- Reddit user Favre4Evre snapped a photo of a customer at a petrol station
- Only realised later that the man appears to be levitating above the ground
- But on closer inspection, all is not what it seems in the mind-bending photo
- Image is just the latest in a series of optical illustions to sweep the web
An image of a man appearing to levitate at a petrol station has left the internet scratching their heads.
The photograph, taken by Reddit user Favre4Evre, depicts a customer whose feet seem to be floating an inch off the ground and has racked up hundreds of comments.
But on closer inspection, the 'shadow' beneath his feet is in fact a cleverly placed oil spill from a nearby petrol pump - giving the illusion of him hovering above the floor.
Favre4Evre, believed to be from Wisconsin, said he took the picture a year ago while poking fun at the man's choice of outfit but later realised that the subject appeared to be flying.
But his photograph is just the latest in a series of baffling optical illusions to leave the web in a state of confusion. Scroll down for more...
This photograph of a man at the Great Wall of China bemused the internet earlier this week as they tried to figure out what is going on in the picture - so can you tell which way is up?
Eagle-eyed viewers will see that two tourists in the background give away the fact the man in the foreground is doing a sideways plank and the photo has been flipped
This image of a girl recently baffled the web as she appears to have three legs. Frustrated viewers confessed they were 'still trying to figure it out' after several attempts
Did you spot it? The 'third leg', circled in red, is in fact a vase. The picture has been baffling internet users for some time, but recently resurfaced after being shared on social media
This seemingly mundane snap, which shows six friends sitting on a sofa in a bar, appears to have something wrong with it - but this only becomes apparent on closer inspection
Have you spotted it yet? If you look closely, you will see there are only five pairs of pins for the six women - meaning that the third woman from the left appears to be missing her legs
An optical illusion image of three friends sitting on a park bench that recently resurfaced online has caused confusion, as the women appear to be floating on thin air
Can you tell what's wrong? At first glance this picture looks like any normal selfie you might see. However, if you look closer you will see that something is not quite right
The woman in the image actually has six fingers, instead of the usual five. The subtle abnormality is likely to be a clever trick of Photoshop, designed to confuse