- Paris: School chief injured as teens protest police violence
- Police chief `calls for counselling and rehab for lower level paedophiles´
- To secure Mosul, Iraq army makes desert push with US help
- Japan's Emperor Akihito on first-ever visit to Vietnam
- Maryland JCC One Of Multiple Centers To Receive Bomb Threat Monday
- City Schools Face Largest Budget Gap In History, Mayor Asks Gov. For Help
- Maryland Senate Nixes Opt-Out Bill On Animal Dissections
- Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's home is demolished
- Nigel Farage calls for Ukip's only MP to be kicked out
- UK’s ‘oldest Iron Age gold' is revealed
More from Odd News
- James Penlidis was angry the new house next door didn't have frosted windows
- He decided to do everything naked in protest of the invasion of privacy
- It worked like a charm as frosted windows appeared six days into his campaign
A Melbourne man went to extreme lengths to get some privacy from his neighbours.
Photographer James Penlidis was outraged to discover the new house built next door to his home in Bentleigh and overlooking his bedroom, living room and backyard didn’t have frosted windows as promised.
In protest, he decided to do all of his household chores – including painting, cooking and cleaning – completely naked. He even rode an exercise bike in his yard in the buff.
And his unusual campaign worked like a charm as it took just six days for frosting to appear on the windows.
‘No one wants to see a hairy Greek guy with it hanging out,’ Mr Penlidis told the Moorabbin Glen Eira Leader.
‘I’m having fun with it rather than blow up. [The neighbours] were looking out the window, saw me starkers and backed off like a bungee jump.’
While he conceded it is legal for the windows to be clear since they were 3m away, he called them an invasion of privacy - and many shared his sentiments on social media.
He was outraged to discover the new house next door to his didn't have frosted windows as promised
‘The council and the builders have lied to me,’ Mr Penlidis wrote in a post on his Facebook page on January 30.
‘The new Chinese owners who built next door to me do not have frosted windows as promised.
‘They look straight into my living room, bed room and back yard. Tonight I will be drinking martinis naked while looking up porn.
‘I will do this every night until the windows get frosted.’
His supporters branded him a ‘champion’ and even suggested other activities he could do nude, including yoga and ping pong.
His unusual campaign worked as it only took six days for the windows to get frosted
Mr Penlidis got a lot of support after he wrote about his issue in a post on Facebook (above)
Mr Penlidis said a council worker had verbally promised him that there would be frosted windows before the plans were approved.
But a spokesman for Glen Eira Council insisted that a private building surveyor had determined the level of protected the property needed and that the single dwelling in a residential zone didn’t require a planning permit.
‘Developers do not receive preferential treatment over resident,’ the council’s planning director Ron Torres told The Leader.