- CANADA STOCKS-TSX adds to record high; led by energy, Restaurant Brands
- Soccer-Five-star Manchester City edge thriller with Monaco
- Floods that saturated Louisiana also damaged its seed rice
- Atletico beats Leverkusen 4-2 in Germany in Champions League
- School district agrees to remove Ten Commandments monument
- Keidel: Where Should Tony Romo Go?
- Police Investigating ATM Skimming Device Found At Local Store
- Police Arrest ‘Godfather’ Of ’12 O’Clock’ Boys On ‘Chop Shop’ Charges
- Former Owner Of Md. Theater Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- Runaway Cow Dies After Leading Police On Wild Chase In New York City
More from Odd News
- Women have taken to Mumsnet to reveal worst present mishaps
- One woman got £1.99 sieve for Christmas from her husband with price tag on
- Others have received sponges and clothes pegs from their mothers-in-law
- One woman revealed her partner's mother had given her old knickers she didn't wear anymore after losing weight.
We're supposed to receive gifts with good grace and be happy that the person thought of us in the first place.
But some present givers get things so wrong that a lack of gratitude is certainly understandable.
From receiving racy lingerie from your mother in law to being gifted wine while battling liver disease, Mumsnet users have been revealing the most inappropriate gifts they've had the misfortune of receiving.
There seems to be an alarming amount of women out there who take an active interest in spicing up their sons' sex lives, if the discussion is anything to go by.
Multiple users reported receiving lingerie from their partner's mother, including one woman who received a skimpy underwear set while heavily pregnant.
Another mother-in-law steered clear of lingerie but gave the equally inappropriate gift of gardening implements, to a couple with no back yard.
Other howlers received from partner's mums included a housecoat, a book on folding napkins and washing up sponges.
However, some thoughtless partners can be just as bad such as the one who bought his new fiancee a coffee pot for one as an engagement gift.
Surprisingly, the engagement didn't last and nor did the boyfriend who presented his size 14 girlfriend with a size six thong, saying it would be motivation for her to slim down.
Equally cringeworthy was the husband who presented his wife with a £1.99 sieve for Christmas with the price tag on.
One commenter recalled receiving a glass dildo for her Secret Santa gift, while another had been given a book on medieval history twice by the same person.
And a woman was horrified when she discovered her stepson had received a personal care kit from his mother at the age of 18, including a brush and trimming scissors for pubic hair.
Thinking of the needs of the person you're giving a present to seems pretty straightforward.
But one set of parents got it very wrong when they gave their daughter who suffers from a chronic liver condition a bottle of wine.
Meanwhile, another woman received a relationship manual from her mother while she was single.