- CANADA STOCKS-TSX adds to record high; led by energy, Restaurant Brands
- Soccer-Five-star Manchester City edge thriller with Monaco
- Floods that saturated Louisiana also damaged its seed rice
- Atletico beats Leverkusen 4-2 in Germany in Champions League
- School district agrees to remove Ten Commandments monument
- Keidel: Where Should Tony Romo Go?
- Police Investigating ATM Skimming Device Found At Local Store
- Police Arrest ‘Godfather’ Of ’12 O’Clock’ Boys On ‘Chop Shop’ Charges
- Former Owner Of Md. Theater Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- Runaway Cow Dies After Leading Police On Wild Chase In New York City
More from Odd News
- John Joe Toner, 10, fell ill at St Malachy’s Primary School, Ballymoyer, on Friday
- Schoolboy suffered suspected heart attack and had been in hospital since then
- But last night his parents Maria and Cormac were told he could not be saved
- It is understood John Joe, from Co Armagh, had a pre-existing heart condition
A 10-year-old boy has died in hospital four days after suffering a suspected heart attack at his primary school.
John Joe Toner, from Co Armagh, fell ill at St Malachy’s Primary School in Ballymoyer on Friday last week.
Staff rushed to help the schoolboy, who is said to have had a pre-existing heart condition, and are understood to have performed first aid before paramedics arrived.
John Joe's parents Maria and Cormac had been keeping a bedside vigil but a church spokesman said they were given the devastating news he could not be saved last night.
Masses have been held at St Malachy’s Church in the area over the past few days.
The spokesman told Belfast Live: 'Fr Murphy together with the people of the Parish and beyond wish to extend their sympathies and heartfelt Prayers to Maria, Cormac and all the Toner and McParland families on the sad passing of their son John Joe.
'May the Holy Family and the Divine Mercy Bless and comfort them in their tragic and sad loss.
'Prayers will be held tomorrow (Wednesday) in St Malachys Church Ballymoyer from 7pm to support the family all are welcome.'
John Joe Toner, from Co Armagh, fell ill at St Malachy’s Primary School in Ballymoyer, pictured