- US STOCKS-Wall St opens lower as energy, finance stocks weigh
- IPO of Snapchat company oversubscribed
- US new-home sales rise in sign of housing market health
- Dems tap former Kentucky governor to counter Trump speech
- Kraft's shock bid triggers Unilever focus on short-term value
- The world’s best HIDDEN beaches revealed
- Colourised images show the luxury aboard the Titanic
- McDonald's to close 12th century medieval branch
- The scientific proof that you CAN die of a broken heart
- Ex-cop charged with shooting girl, 15, in the back
More from Virginia
An Aug. 23 departure ceremony is set for a Bluefield-based Military Police unit that's being deployed to Afghanistan.
Capt. Jared Peck tells The Bluefield Daily Telegraph (http://bit.ly/L0hjwx ) that the U.S. Army Reserves 304th Military Police Unit will spend about nine months in Afghanistan.
The soldiers will spend six days at Fort Bush, Texas, before they go to Afghanistan.
The departure ceremony will be held at Bluefield High School.