- CANADA STOCKS-TSX adds to record high; led by energy, Restaurant Brands
- Soccer-Five-star Manchester City edge thriller with Monaco
- Floods that saturated Louisiana also damaged its seed rice
- Atletico beats Leverkusen 4-2 in Germany in Champions League
- School district agrees to remove Ten Commandments monument
- Keidel: Where Should Tony Romo Go?
- Police Investigating ATM Skimming Device Found At Local Store
- Police Arrest ‘Godfather’ Of ’12 O’Clock’ Boys On ‘Chop Shop’ Charges
- Former Owner Of Md. Theater Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- Runaway Cow Dies After Leading Police On Wild Chase In New York City
More from Virginia
FALLS CHURCH, Va. - A man armed with a gun has barricaded himself inside a house in Falls Church on Monday.
It all started at 4:30 p.m. in the 600 block of Hillwood Avenue when police received a call for a domestic situation.
Police say the man is in the house alone and have confirmed that shots have been fired by the man. They say the man was not shooting at police.
A spokeswoman for police says no one has been injured.
The city's SWAT team has been brought in and the city is also receiving help from Arlington County emergency personnel.
All of the police activity has basically left the neighborhood on a virtual lockdown as residents are being told to stay inside their homes. Several houses near the home where the suspect is holed up in have been evacuated.
Police have broken some windows at the house and tossed some sort of chemical inside to try to get the man to come out and surrender peacefully.