- 3 storm chasers die in crash during Southern Plains storms
- GRAINS-Wheat rises on short covering ahead of plantings report
- "After nine months UK has delivered Brexit," tweets EU's Tusk
- WEATHER BLOG: March Comes In Like A Lamb, Out Like A Lamb
- Daily Mail wins at UK Picture Editors’ Guild Awards 2017
- Sioned Wyn Roberts dies days before The Voice audition
- Firm fined after driver killed his BROTHER at Heathrow
- Immigrant's daughter from Newham wins place at MIT
- Man 'jumps off Westminster Bridge' a week after attack
- Fascinating photos of Nigeria taken 65 years ago
More from Virginia
FALLS CHURCH, Va. - A man armed with a gun has barricaded himself inside a house in Falls Church on Monday.
It all started at 4:30 p.m. in the 600 block of Hillwood Avenue when police received a call for a domestic situation.
Police say the man is in the house alone and have confirmed that shots have been fired by the man. They say the man was not shooting at police.
A spokeswoman for police says no one has been injured.
The city's SWAT team has been brought in and the city is also receiving help from Arlington County emergency personnel.
All of the police activity has basically left the neighborhood on a virtual lockdown as residents are being told to stay inside their homes. Several houses near the home where the suspect is holed up in have been evacuated.
Police have broken some windows at the house and tossed some sort of chemical inside to try to get the man to come out and surrender peacefully.