- Paris: School chief injured as teens protest police violence
- Police chief `calls for counselling and rehab for lower level paedophiles´
- To secure Mosul, Iraq army makes desert push with US help
- Japan's Emperor Akihito on first-ever visit to Vietnam
- Maryland JCC One Of Multiple Centers To Receive Bomb Threat Monday
- City Schools Face Largest Budget Gap In History, Mayor Asks Gov. For Help
- Maryland Senate Nixes Opt-Out Bill On Animal Dissections
- Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's home is demolished
- Nigel Farage calls for Ukip's only MP to be kicked out
- UK’s ‘oldest Iron Age gold' is revealed
More from Virginia
About 18 people have been evacuated from their homes after a three-alarm fire at a Reston condominium complex.
Fairfax County firefighters were called to the structure on Gate Hill Place about 1:20 a.m. Fire units from Fairfax City and Loudoun County also responded to the blaze, involving more than 100 firefighters.
The crews encountered heavy smoke and fire in the three-story structure. It took about 90 minutes to bring the fire under control.
Nine of the 18 units in the building were affected. The fire department says five units suffered heavy damage, and four others had moderate damage. The damage is expected to cost more than $1 million to repair.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.