- CANADA STOCKS-TSX adds to record high; led by energy, Restaurant Brands
- Soccer-Five-star Manchester City edge thriller with Monaco
- Floods that saturated Louisiana also damaged its seed rice
- Atletico beats Leverkusen 4-2 in Germany in Champions League
- School district agrees to remove Ten Commandments monument
- Keidel: Where Should Tony Romo Go?
- Police Investigating ATM Skimming Device Found At Local Store
- Police Arrest ‘Godfather’ Of ’12 O’Clock’ Boys On ‘Chop Shop’ Charges
- Former Owner Of Md. Theater Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- Runaway Cow Dies After Leading Police On Wild Chase In New York City
More from Virginia
STAFFORD, Va. - Motorists on a section of U.S. 1 in Stafford County found the going a bit rocky, thanks to a prank.
Sheriff's spokesman Bill Kennedy tells The Free Lance-Star that someone put 20 large rocks across the northbound lanes in the area of Coal Landing Road early Wednesday morning.
One vehicle got a flat tire after it hit the rocks. Another vehicle that hit the rocks didn't appear to have sustained any damage.
The rocks weigh 5 to 8 pounds each. Police believe they were removed from a nearby ditch.
Kennedy says it's fortunate that there wasn't more serious damage or a serious injury.