- 3 storm chasers die in crash during Southern Plains storms
- GRAINS-Wheat rises on short covering ahead of plantings report
- "After nine months UK has delivered Brexit," tweets EU's Tusk
- WEATHER BLOG: March Comes In Like A Lamb, Out Like A Lamb
- Daily Mail wins at UK Picture Editors’ Guild Awards 2017
- Sioned Wyn Roberts dies days before The Voice audition
- Firm fined after driver killed his BROTHER at Heathrow
- Immigrant's daughter from Newham wins place at MIT
- Man 'jumps off Westminster Bridge' a week after attack
- Fascinating photos of Nigeria taken 65 years ago
More from Virginia
STAFFORD, Va. - Motorists on a section of U.S. 1 in Stafford County found the going a bit rocky, thanks to a prank.
Sheriff's spokesman Bill Kennedy tells The Free Lance-Star that someone put 20 large rocks across the northbound lanes in the area of Coal Landing Road early Wednesday morning.
One vehicle got a flat tire after it hit the rocks. Another vehicle that hit the rocks didn't appear to have sustained any damage.
The rocks weigh 5 to 8 pounds each. Police believe they were removed from a nearby ditch.
Kennedy says it's fortunate that there wasn't more serious damage or a serious injury.