- In India, regional rival takes on Modi at his own game
- Why N. Korea may have used VX to kill leader's half brother
- Regulator: China needs to rein in risky stock behavior
- Key developments in Kim's assassination investigation
- First Warning Weather: Severe Thunderstorm Watch
- Baltimore Police Kills Dog After it Attacked 3 Children
- Police Capture Attempted Murder Suspect Fleeing from Scene
- 1 Arrested in High-Speed Chase with Baby in Car
- Weather Blog: Storm With Heavy Wind And Hail Move Through Area
- Democrats Elect Perez Party Chairman On Second Ballot
More from Roanoke
A tanker trailer crashed on I-81 in Botetourt county Thursday afternoon, backing traffic up for miles. Around 2:30 p.m. the driver, 56-year-old Alan Day was traveling south in the right lane when the truck hauling frozen food ran off the road, hit an embankment and flipped over by mile marker 172.9. Day was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He has been charged with Reckless Driving.
The right lane of I-81 was shut down for two hours while crews cleaned up. It has since re-opened.