- Portugal keeps bond rating that ensures continuing ECB help
- SharkNinja, Dyson end legal battle over advertising claims
- Images indicate European Mars lander destroyed -ESA
- Landlord acquitted of manslaughter in fire that killed 6
- Yorkshire mother and daughter visit scene of a fire that killed husband and other child
- London sex robot festival to go ahead after being banned in Malaysia
- Leeds great-grandfather dies on EXACTLY the same date and time that he was born aged 103
- Gordon Anglesea faces jail for abusing teenage boys
- Manchester boy to sign Sex Offender Register after attacking a girl when he was 11
- London City Airport is evacuated as fire alarm sounds
More from Washington, DC
- The Obama White House hosts the first – and last? – SXSL technology festival
- National Gallery of Art's East Building review – a new view of America
- Hidden faultline: how Trump v Clinton is laying bare America's class divide
- Trump says Mexico 'rapist' comments were planned in deposition video
- 'A glorious story': Obama opens African American Smithsonian museum
WASHINGTON - Police officers rescued a woman from the tracks at Metro Center Wednesday night after she inexplicably tried to cross over the rails to get from one side of the platform to the other.
Metro officials say the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. when a 37-year-old woman tried to get from the Shady Grove platform to the Glenmont platform by crossing over the tracks.
Images and video posted on UNSUCKDCMETRO show that the woman had crossed halfway to the center of the rail line before stopping.
She froze and waited there for the rail's power to be shut off and for police officers to make their way out to her.
The crowd of passengers clapped after she was led to safety by the officers.
Metro says the woman has only been in the United States for one week and that she doesn't speak English very well.
No charges are being filed.