- U.S. Fed prepares action against Goldman over NY Fed leak -NYT
- US fines Chile-based airline LATAM $22 million over bribes
- The Latest: Train worker's family reacts to suspect's death
- Oak tree seen in 'Shawshank Redemption' is knocked down
- Yahoo seals $4.8 bn deal to sell core assets to Verizon
- Listen Live: Colorado Rockies at Baltimore Orioles [Live Audio] MLB
- This Week in Golf: Vegas Wins Canadian Open With Closing-Round Comeback
- Police: Man Hospitalized After Being Shot in Thigh in Parkville
- Poll: Trump & Clinton Locked in Dead Heat Ahead of Election
- Baltimore Mayor Opens DNC Amid Party Chair’s Resignation
More from Washington, DC
- High lead levels force workers in Congress building to drink bottled water
- Gun control activists at DC rally pledge to vote NRA supporters out of Congress
- Barack Obama supports both protesters and police in questions about shootings
- Paul Ryan's 'white' selfie with interns shows lack of diversity in Washington
- Urban oddities: cities used do to the strangest things …
WASHINGTON - Police officers rescued a woman from the tracks at Metro Center Wednesday night after she inexplicably tried to cross over the rails to get from one side of the platform to the other.
Metro officials say the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. when a 37-year-old woman tried to get from the Shady Grove platform to the Glenmont platform by crossing over the tracks.
Images and video posted on UNSUCKDCMETRO show that the woman had crossed halfway to the center of the rail line before stopping.
She froze and waited there for the rail's power to be shut off and for police officers to make their way out to her.
The crowd of passengers clapped after she was led to safety by the officers.
Metro says the woman has only been in the United States for one week and that she doesn't speak English very well.
No charges are being filed.