- Tanzanian frees musician arrested for mocking the government
- Bangladesh army kills 4 insurgents, ends 4-day standoff
- London terror: Family of Kurt Cochran tell of forgiveness
- EDF gets consent to start building Hinkley C plant
- Robbie Brady to lead depleted Republic of Ireland against Iceland
- Report on Alabama gov. affair may revive impeachment effort
- House intel chairman met source on White House grounds
- Authorities Investigating After 4-Year-Old Falls From 3rd Story Window
- 30 Players: Tyler Skaggs Must Stay Healthy, Perform For Angels
- 3-27-17: PNC High School Lacrosse Monday Morning Match-Up
More from Washington, DC
- 'Pizzagate' gunman pleads guilty as conspiracy theorist apologizes over case
- The Catherine Fuller case: eight young men and the murder that sent them away for life
- Trump Going Outside Washington For Support On Health Bill
- Spicer applauds secret service after would-be White House intruder tackled
- White House bomb threat: man arrested after claiming to have device in car
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.