- Inter coach De Boer focused on Torino despite exit talk
- The Latest: In Florida, Trump slams Obama policy on Cuba
- Messi off to great start, already outshining Madrid trio
- Coalition huddles as Iraqi forces inch towards Mosul
- After Wins In Rio, Blind Baltimore Paralympian Conquers Alcatraz Swim
- Ray Lewis Chosen As 2017 Pro Bowl Legends Captain
- Michael Phelps Talks ‘Awful’ Ravens, World Series On Facebook Live
- Police Activity Surrounds New Eastern Inn In Elkton
- Diabetic Paul Dibbins chopped his own infected toes off with PLIERS
- Female gamer feels 'violated' after being virtually groped by another player
More from Washington, DC
- The Obama White House hosts the first – and last? – SXSL technology festival
- National Gallery of Art's East Building review – a new view of America
- Hidden faultline: how Trump v Clinton is laying bare America's class divide
- Trump says Mexico 'rapist' comments were planned in deposition video
- 'A glorious story': Obama opens African American Smithsonian museum
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.