- Life's a stroll for birthday girl princess charlotte
- Jesuit Priest, Peace Activist Daniel Berrigan Dies At 94
- Ambulance Crew Assaulted While Assisting Patient In PG County
- Trump Gets Outside Help For Potential GOP Convention Battle
- Obama Out: President Takes Last Shots At Official Washington
- Listen Live: Orioles Vs White Sox [Live Audio] MLB
- Youth Baseball Parade at Oriole Park Cancelled
- Hazmat Investigating Sodium Hydroxide Leak After CSX Train Derailment
- Malia Obama To Attend Harvard In 2017 After Taking Year Off
- Police: Man Attempted To Ambush Baltimore Officer Sitting In Patrol Car
More from Washington, DC
- University of Washington cheerleaders spark outrage with poster of dos and don'ts
- QUENTIN LETTS watches as Barack Obama turn David Cameron cold over Brexit
- Florida man whose gyrocopter landed by US Capitol gets 120 days behind bars
- Ben & Jerry's co-founders scooped up by police for protesting at US Capitol
- Rosario Dawson arrested during pro-democracy sit-in at US Capitol
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.