- Fugitive arrested after 'killing two strangers in Dallas murder rampage'
- UK's globalized car industry wary of Brexit impact
- Shimon Peres witnessed Israel's history, and shaped it
- The Latest: Chemical board drafts West Virginia spill report
- Honda says Takata air bag ruptured in Malaysia crash, 1 dead
- Savvy strategy for betting on a fad also considers its end
- FIRST WARNING WX: Heavy Rain Expected Across Maryland Through Friday
- Thursday Night Breakdown: Dolphins, Bengals – Time To Correct Mistakes
- Baltimore Police Introduce Trauma-Informed Rooms
- Maryland Airport to Get 9/11 Artifact
More from Washington, DC
- 'A glorious story': Obama opens African American Smithsonian museum
- Scalpers sell free tickets to Smithsonian African American History Museum
- Washington DC’s monument to black history
- Washington DC shooting leaves two dead and six injured, reports say
- I say, could you stop using your phone? | Letters
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - A 39-year-old part-time faculty member of George Washington University is in critical condition after he was attacked early Sunday morning just north of Dupont Circle.
The victim, identified as Jason Chambers works in the Department of Exercise Science at George Washington.
Students were shocked to learn one of their own was the victim of such violence.
D.C. Police said Chambers, dressed in a silver Halloween costume, was assaulted on S Street near Connecticut Avenue around 4:20 a.m. A source said he suffered major trauma to the head.
According to a police report, when officers found Chambers, he was on the sidewalk, silent, motionless and unable to communicate.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that Chambers had been assaulted by one male and that the suspect had fled the scene.
Sources said two deliverymen were questioned in the case but added there have been no arrests.
Doctors are tending to Chambers at a local hospital while homicide detectives - who were assigned to the case because of the critical nature of chamber's injuries - work to find whoever is responsible.
They are following several leads.