- Advent raises bid in three-way tussle for in tussle for Stada
- Illegal immigrants: the facts behind the US-Mexico fight
- Bashir orders full aid access to S. Sudan famine areas
- Leicester aim to make it three in a row at Harlequins´ Twickenham Stoop fortress
- Bosnia submits bid to revise genocide ruling, angers Serbs
- ‘Nashville’s Music Row Comes To The Ballpark’ Returns On March 17
- Cara Kilbey's boyfriend CLEARED of running drugs empire
- BoredPanda shares awkward gifts bought by grandmas
- Down's Syndrome couple celebrate 22 years of wedded bliss
- Humpback whale delivers splashdown to tourists in Cape May
'Aroused and devastated': Caitlin Stasey posts bizarre tribute to Barack Obama, as other Australian celebrities take to social media to farewell the President
More from Politics
- Kellyanne Conway says women have problem with female power
- Tony Abbott says Turnbull government 'drifting to defeat'
- 'No mass deportations' in US, Homeland Security Kelly says
- Benjamin Netanyahu from Singapore to Sydney took detour
- Protesters Interrupt Meeting To Ask Hogan To Speak Out Against Trump
He may be the President of the United States.
But Barack Obama certainly has his share of Australian fans.
And some of the biggest of names in Australian entertainment took to social media to pay tribute to the leader of the free world as he gave his farewell speech in Chicago.
Sharing her sentiments: Actress Caitlin Stasey took to social media, along with a number of other Australian stars, to share her sentiments about Barack Obama's farewell speech
Taking to Twitter after Obama's emotional exit, Caitlin wrote, 'Aroused and devastated is how I would describe my reaction to Obama's farewell address'.
Making her feelings known: Caitlin is an outspoken opponent of President-Elect Donald Trump
She also posted a throwback picture of a young Obama to her Instagram, with the cryptic caption, '& then some'.
Meanwhile, other famous Australians saluted Obama with more traditional posts.
'& then some': Caitlin shared this flashback photo of Obama, accompanied by a cryptic caption
Model Shanina Shaik, who stunned on at the Golden Globes on Sunday, shared a photo to Instagram, and included the President's wife, Michelle, in her posting.
Accompanied by a photo of the couple, Shanina wrote, 'Thank you both for your love, style & grace'. She added the hashtag, 'farewell'.
The Melbourne-born beauty will soon make her movie debut in a reboot of The Mummy opposite Tom Cruise.
'Love, style & grace': Model Shanina Shaik thanked both Barack and Michelle Obama for their service
Fellow model, Cheyenne Tozzi also publicised her sentiments about the departing leader.
The Sydney-born, Los Anegeles-based star shared an animated GIF, with the simple hashtag 'ObamaFarewell'.
Tribute: Cheyenne Tozzi took to Instagram to share an animated GIF of the President's infamous 'mic drop'