- First Hearing On Baltimore Police Consent Decree Postponed
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured In Cecil County Head-on Crash
- Special Counsel Hired For Md. Lawmaker’s Ethics Review
- Hundreds Of Thousands Of Women Around The World Decry Trump
- How Health Officials Plan To Stop ‘Steep Increase’ In Overdose Deaths
- Women’s March Protests Held Right Here In Baltimore
- Marylanders Among Thousands In DC As Part Of Women’s March
- Bogus Bongs Or Bogus Lawsuits? Pipe Maker Sues Over Fakes
- Towson Wins 4th Straight, Sweeps Aside Delaware 75-58
- Weather Blog: Dense Fog
'Aroused and devastated': Caitlin Stasey posts bizarre tribute to Barack Obama, as other Australian celebrities take to social media to farewell the President
More from Politics
He may be the President of the United States.
But Barack Obama certainly has his share of Australian fans.
And some of the biggest of names in Australian entertainment took to social media to pay tribute to the leader of the free world as he gave his farewell speech in Chicago.
Sharing her sentiments: Actress Caitlin Stasey took to social media, along with a number of other Australian stars, to share her sentiments about Barack Obama's farewell speech
Taking to Twitter after Obama's emotional exit, Caitlin wrote, 'Aroused and devastated is how I would describe my reaction to Obama's farewell address'.
Making her feelings known: Caitlin is an outspoken opponent of President-Elect Donald Trump
She also posted a throwback picture of a young Obama to her Instagram, with the cryptic caption, '& then some'.
Meanwhile, other famous Australians saluted Obama with more traditional posts.
'& then some': Caitlin shared this flashback photo of Obama, accompanied by a cryptic caption
Model Shanina Shaik, who stunned on at the Golden Globes on Sunday, shared a photo to Instagram, and included the President's wife, Michelle, in her posting.
Accompanied by a photo of the couple, Shanina wrote, 'Thank you both for your love, style & grace'. She added the hashtag, 'farewell'.
The Melbourne-born beauty will soon make her movie debut in a reboot of The Mummy opposite Tom Cruise.
'Love, style & grace': Model Shanina Shaik thanked both Barack and Michelle Obama for their service
Fellow model, Cheyenne Tozzi also publicised her sentiments about the departing leader.
The Sydney-born, Los Anegeles-based star shared an animated GIF, with the simple hashtag 'ObamaFarewell'.
Tribute: Cheyenne Tozzi took to Instagram to share an animated GIF of the President's infamous 'mic drop'