- First Hearing On Baltimore Police Consent Decree Postponed
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured In Cecil County Head-on Crash
- Special Counsel Hired For Md. Lawmaker’s Ethics Review
- Hundreds Of Thousands Of Women Around The World Decry Trump
- How Health Officials Plan To Stop ‘Steep Increase’ In Overdose Deaths
- Women’s March Protests Held Right Here In Baltimore
- Marylanders Among Thousands In DC As Part Of Women’s March
- Bogus Bongs Or Bogus Lawsuits? Pipe Maker Sues Over Fakes
- Towson Wins 4th Straight, Sweeps Aside Delaware 75-58
- Weather Blog: Dense Fog
More from Recipes
- Five-minute urine test that says if your diet's healthy
- Fast and Fabulous Fat Loss' Fiona Kirk shares how to drop Christmas pounds by New Year
- Inside M&S factory where 22,500 mince pies are made every HOUR
- Karl Stefanovic feasts on pizza at restaurant of Sofia Levin's fiance
- Kellogg's paid 'independent experts' $13,000 a year to push their breakfast cereals without telling anyone they worked for the company
- A Melbourne cheesemonger is now selling chocolate cheese
- The delicacy consists of blue cheese ripened in Choco 21 chocolate liqueur
- It is then covered in cocoa powder and topped with chocolate chips
- Chocolate cheese has never been available in Australia before
- But people are skeptical about the combination of the two ingredients
Chocolate and cheese have long been considered two of the greatest foods on earth.
But while they are delicious separately, it's not often you hear of them paired together...until now.
One Melbourne cheesemonger, Curds and Whey, has decided to import chocolate cheese to sell at the Queen Victoria Markets.
Rich: The cheese is covered in cocoa and topped with milk and white chocolate chips
The creation is exactly what it sounds like—cheese that has chocolate in it.
To be specific, it's blue cheese ripened in chocolate liqueur, covered in cocoa powder, and topped with chocolate chips.
It's imported directly from Italy, and has apparently never been available in Australia until now.
Match made in heaven? The Italian blue cheese is ripened in Choco 21 chocolate liqueur
Curds and Whey posted a photo of the cheese to its Instagram page with an excited note about the new arrival.
'Choco 21 cheese has arrived! Each wheel of this mild & delicate blue is ripened with Choco 21 Liqueur, rubbed with cocoa and decorated with chocolate chips,' the caption said.
There was a mixed reaction from the cheese supplier's followers, with some excited and others skeptical.
One patron remarked that it was an 'amazing combination' while another said they 'don't know how to feel' about the cheese.
Not so unusual: Chocolate Camembert is common in France (above)
'Creamy and mature': US brand Trader Joe's sells chocolate cheddar cheese (above)
While it may sound very unusual, pairing chocolate and cheese has been done before.
American store Trader Joe's sells a cheddar cheese which has chocolate curls in it, and Camembert with chocolate is common in France.
So do you fancy giving it a try?