- Egypt arrests 3 reporters conducting street interviews
- Hamilton scorches to record Malaysia GP pole
- South Korean president urges N. Koreans to defect
- Controversial orange order parade passes off peacefully
- Partner pays emotional tribute after boxer mike towell dies following bout
- Shamed Sky TV pundit Richard Keys, 59, is divorcing his cancer-stricken wife of 34 years after she discovered he was 'having an affair with one of his daughter's friends' a 27-year-old lawyer
- Angelina Jolie 'doesn't want Brad Pitt to be prosecuted' over allegations he abused son Maddox, 15, as temporary deal gives her physical custody of all six children
- Honour Polish Spitfire aces who fought in the Battle of Britain
- An underwater escape: Inside the abandoned Soviet gulag that's now a popular attraction for DIVERS
- Usain Bolt dons lederhosen for a night out at Oktoberfest
More from Recipes
- Would YOU eat this? Man creates 54,000 calorie fast food birthday cake, filled with six cheeseburgers, fries, nuggets, three large pizzas and a KFC Family Feast
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- Chipotle is frantically changing how it makes food so it will stop making people sick
- The Inside Story Of How A Food Startup Cracked
- Anthony Bourdain Admits Mistake on 'Frito Pie'
Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Salsa Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
If your cherries are juicy, the salsa will be juicy too. If you want the salsa less juicy, put the finished salsa into a fine-meshed strainer and strain off some of the excess juice.
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 pounds cherries, about 4 cups
4 pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 heaping teaspoon sugar
1 Mix the chopped onion with the lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside. The lemon juice will help take the edge off the onions.
2 Coat the pork chops in olive oil and sprinkle salt over them. Set aside at room temperature.
3 Pit and de-stem the cherries. A cherry pitter is magical for this task, but if you don't have one, use a small knife. Double check for stray pits, they always seem to find their way into dishes that call for fresh cherries.
4 Put the cherries, onions and chopped basil into a food processor. Pulse a few times until you have a chunky salsa, with differing textures of cherry. Alternately, you can chop everything by hand.
5 Mix in the balsamic vinegar, the 1/2 teaspoon salt and sugar. Add more of any of these ingredients to taste. Set aside at room temperature. You can make this salsa up to 8 hours in advance.
6 Prepare your grill for high direct heat. Grill the pork chops over high heat with the grill cover closed for 3 minutes. Turn them 45 degrees on the same side to get a pretty cross-hatch pattern, then close the grill cover and cook another 3 minutes. Turn the pork chops over, but this time keep the grill cover open and cook for a final 2-3 minutes. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serve the pork chops with the cherry salsa.
Yield: Serves 4.