- Sheriff: Man fatally shoots wife he thought was a burglar
- Texas court grants appeal after 35 years without conviction
- Balotelli kept quiet on return as Nice held 1-1 at Bastia
- BCPS Superintendent to be Honored at Presidential Inaugural Ball
- 5 Valentine’s Day Activities for Singles
- 2017 NBA All-Star Game Starting Lineups
- Reaction to Inauguration Travel in Baltimore & D.C.
- Fiery Crash Halts Traffic in Prince George’s County
- Maryland Reducing Operations at 75-Year-Old Prison
- Police: Man Who Stole Car With Kids Inside ID’d
More from Recipes
- Five-minute urine test that says if your diet's healthy
- Fast and Fabulous Fat Loss' Fiona Kirk shares how to drop Christmas pounds by New Year
- Inside M&S factory where 22,500 mince pies are made every HOUR
- Karl Stefanovic feasts on pizza at restaurant of Sofia Levin's fiance
- Kellogg's paid 'independent experts' $13,000 a year to push their breakfast cereals without telling anyone they worked for the company
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
If you are using frozen shrimp, defrost them by placing them in a bowl of ice water or cold water. Adding a little salt to the water will help the shrimp retain their briny flavor.
Add to shopping list
2 Tbsp high smoke point oil such as grape seed oil, or canola oil
1-2 Serrano chiles, sliced into thin rings
1-2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1-2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Place a large sauté pan or a wok over your strongest burner on high heat. Let the pan heat up for a minute and then add the oil. Use a high smoke point oil since you will be cooking the shrimp on very high heat. Let the oil heat until it's shimmering. If it starts to smoke, remove the pan from the heat for a moment.
2 Add the chiles to the pan and toss to coat with oil. Cook 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat with oil. Let the shrimp cook undisturbed for 1 minute before tossing again so they get a little bit of a sear. Stir-fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
3 Turn off the heat and mix in the cilantro, then the lime juice.
Serve hot or at room temperature. Serve alone, over rice, or in a folded heated flour or corn tortilla.
Yield: Serves 3-4.