- Death of former Russian press minister in Washington ruled accidental
- Morrisons not spreading the love as marmite price rises 12.5%
- Young gunman who killed teenager in sandwich shop apologizes
- Uk borders 'not as secure as they should be', counter-terror review says
- Baltimore Bike Share Launches Today
- Booz Allen Announces External Review After Employee Accused Of Stealing Classified Docs
- Prison Dog-Training Program Expanding At Maryland Prison
- Coach Harbaugh Says ‘Flacco Is The Key To Our Success’
- Maryland’s Expanded Black Bear Hunt Ends With Record Tally
- New FBI Inquiry Reinjects Clinton Emails Into 2016 Race
More from Recipes
- Would YOU eat this? Man creates 54,000 calorie fast food birthday cake, filled with six cheeseburgers, fries, nuggets, three large pizzas and a KFC Family Feast
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- Chipotle is frantically changing how it makes food so it will stop making people sick
- The Inside Story Of How A Food Startup Cracked
- Anthony Bourdain Admits Mistake on 'Frito Pie'
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
If you are using frozen shrimp, defrost them by placing them in a bowl of ice water or cold water. Adding a little salt to the water will help the shrimp retain their briny flavor.
Add to shopping list
2 Tbsp high smoke point oil such as grape seed oil, or canola oil
1-2 Serrano chiles, sliced into thin rings
1-2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1-2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Place a large sauté pan or a wok over your strongest burner on high heat. Let the pan heat up for a minute and then add the oil. Use a high smoke point oil since you will be cooking the shrimp on very high heat. Let the oil heat until it's shimmering. If it starts to smoke, remove the pan from the heat for a moment.
2 Add the chiles to the pan and toss to coat with oil. Cook 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat with oil. Let the shrimp cook undisturbed for 1 minute before tossing again so they get a little bit of a sear. Stir-fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
3 Turn off the heat and mix in the cilantro, then the lime juice.
Serve hot or at room temperature. Serve alone, over rice, or in a folded heated flour or corn tortilla.
Yield: Serves 3-4.