- Sheriff: Man fatally shoots wife he thought was a burglar
- Texas court grants appeal after 35 years without conviction
- Balotelli kept quiet on return as Nice held 1-1 at Bastia
- BCPS Superintendent to be Honored at Presidential Inaugural Ball
- 5 Valentine’s Day Activities for Singles
- 2017 NBA All-Star Game Starting Lineups
- Reaction to Inauguration Travel in Baltimore & D.C.
- Fiery Crash Halts Traffic in Prince George’s County
- Maryland Reducing Operations at 75-Year-Old Prison
- Police: Man Who Stole Car With Kids Inside ID’d
More from Recipes
- Five-minute urine test that says if your diet's healthy
- Fast and Fabulous Fat Loss' Fiona Kirk shares how to drop Christmas pounds by New Year
- Inside M&S factory where 22,500 mince pies are made every HOUR
- Karl Stefanovic feasts on pizza at restaurant of Sofia Levin's fiance
- Kellogg's paid 'independent experts' $13,000 a year to push their breakfast cereals without telling anyone they worked for the company
Grilled Romaine Lettuce Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
What are romaine hearts? Just the inner leaves of romaine lettuce that stay somewhat tightly together, not the outer leaves.
3 to 4 romaine hearts
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 Prep the romaine hearts—pull off any old leaves. Chop off the top 1 or 2 inches of the lettuce head, and shave off the browned part of the root end, leaving the root end intact so that the lettuce head stays together.
2 Prepare your grill for high, direct heat. Paint the lettuce hearts all over with the vinaigrette. Prepare the vinaigrette. Put the oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
3 Grill the romaine hearts until lightly browned on all sides, turning every minute or two until done.
Serve immediately. You can either serve the hearts whole, or chop them and toss them for a salad.
Yield: Serves 3-4.