- Protests in Germany overshadow anti-Islam party's convention
- Bale gives Madrid late win at Sociedad in Spanish league
- Iraqi forces fire tear gas, bullets in air at Green Zone protesters - sources
- Defoe penalty gives Sunderland vital EPL point against Stoke
- West Ham wins to keep EPL top 4 hopes alive
- CA convention is a homecoming of sorts for Carly Fiorina
- Extra 13 days aboard international space station for tim peake
- The Latest: Flood victims identify floating bodies
- Rosberg on pole in Russia as Hamilton's car fails again
- Swedish Princess Estelle is star of the show at King Carl Gustaf's birthday
More from Recipes
- Healthy zero-carb Cloud Bread made from four ingredients is unveiled
- Chocolate cake recipe without eggs, milk or butter or even a mixing bowl
- Subway's $5 foot-long meal deal now costs $6 - to customers' fury
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- Chipotle is frantically changing how it makes food so it will stop making people sick
Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds sweet potatoes
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat. While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces. Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
2 Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
3 Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
4 Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.
Yield: Serves 4.