- Court: Sherri Shepherd can't get out of surrogacy contract
- Britain's Prince William honours Africa conservationists
- Lord coe faces calls for investigation over awarding of 2021 world championships
- Leicester face fight to keep manu tuilagi as worcester and wasps join suitors
- New Jersey weighing development at Liberty State Park
- 5 charged in $580M Southern California kickback scheme
- Arizona health insurance co-op to close shop Dec. 31
- Kerry condemns Palestinian attacks as 'acts of 'terrorism'
- Gps should tell dvla if drivers are not medically fit, says gmc
- Adults 'better than teenagers at multitasking'
More from Recipes
- The new meat rules: As experts warn it increases the chance of cancer, we reveal which types are the riskiest...
- Hot dog makers and sellers shake off WHO's processed meat's link to cancer
- Bacon, burgers and sausages 'are as big a cancer threat as cigarettes,' global health chiefs declare
- Why knowing basic cooking skills is essential, Lorraine Candy writes
- The ingredients you should be eating to boost your health including pumpkins and cinnamon
Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds sweet potatoes
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat. While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces. Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
2 Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
3 Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
4 Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.
Yield: Serves 4.