- Trump on the attack as he calls Clinton’s speech long, boring and ‘full of lies and fabrications’
- Freddie Gray case: lifting of gag order could reveal new information
- Kerry sees risk to U.S.-Russia cooperation from Aleppo operation
- Stocks slightly higher as oil prices reverse decline
- Tribunal orders Chad ex-ruler to pay millions to victims
- Man, 18, arrested in El Paso for sex trafficking girls, 15
- The Latest: Stenson eagles No. 18 to get to 3 under
- ‘Pokemon Go’ Creators Working to be ‘Respectful’ of Reality
- Skeletal Remains Found In Vacant Baltimore Home Identified
- Wallace Passes Conditioning Test After Missing Day Of Ravens Camp
More from Recipes
5 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced $
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup granulated sugar, divided $
3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
6 3/4 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened $
2 large eggs $
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups fresh blueberries $
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Place peaches in a large bowl. Drizzle with juice; toss. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons flour to peach mixture; toss to combine. Arrange peach mixture evenly in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon 6.75 ounces flour (about 1 1/2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 6.75 ounces flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and baking powder in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and butter in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
4. Spread batter evenly over peach mixture; sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Place baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly.