- Egyptian women's rights advocate Azza Soliman freed on bail
- Sweden joins dash to host EU drugs agency instead of London after Brexit
- European Tour Hong Kong Open scores
- The Latest: ICRC and Red Crescent evacuate 148 from Aleppo
- Danish lawmaker: Warning shots should be fired at migrants
- Cancer patient who lost most of his penis takes legal action against Southend Hospital
- 'He'll rest at peace in the mountains': Family give their touching tribute to 'imaginative and adventurous' Oxford University student who died on Varsity ski trip in French Alps
- Russian missile test goes spectacularly wrong when rocket destroys its launcher amid reports Russia has given up on strikes from Putin’s only aircraft carrier
- Earth could be DESTROYED in a fiery inferno as the sun swells to 100 times its current size
- Poundland told of misspelling 'misteltoe' on Christmas decorations by SIX-year-old
More from Recipes
- Inside M&S factory where 22,500 mince pies are made every HOUR
- Karl Stefanovic feasts on pizza at restaurant of Sofia Levin's fiance
- Kellogg's paid 'independent experts' $13,000 a year to push their breakfast cereals without telling anyone they worked for the company
- How healthy is your sushi snack? Lunch boxes from High Street chains can contain more calories than a BIG MAC (and more sugar than biscuits)
- Melbourne market begins selling CHOCOLATE CHEESE imported from Italy
5 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced $
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup granulated sugar, divided $
3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
6 3/4 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened $
2 large eggs $
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups fresh blueberries $
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Place peaches in a large bowl. Drizzle with juice; toss. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons flour to peach mixture; toss to combine. Arrange peach mixture evenly in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon 6.75 ounces flour (about 1 1/2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 6.75 ounces flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and baking powder in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and butter in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in blueberries.
4. Spread batter evenly over peach mixture; sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Place baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly.