- Police chief 'punched his chief constable at barbecue after finding out he was having an affair with his high-ranking officer wife'
- Qaeda threatens attacks on homes of Yemeni forces
- $2.4M Makeover Slated for Western District Police Station
- Report: John Kasich To Suspend Presidential Campaign
- Aeropostale Closing 113 Stores, Including Two In Maryland
- Listen Live: Orioles Vs Yankees [Live Audio] MLB
- Auction House: Largest Rough Diamond In Existence Could Go For $70 Million
- Jim Nantz On Wells Fargo Championship: ‘Has A Big-Time Feel To It’
- Former Oriole Dave Johnson Talks Moving Machado To Shortstop
- Charges Pending Against Man After Chemical Spray Incident At Towson Town Cntr.
More from Recipes
- Healthy zero-carb Cloud Bread made from four ingredients is unveiled
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- Chipotle is frantically changing how it makes food so it will stop making people sick
- The Inside Story Of How A Food Startup Cracked
- Anthony Bourdain Admits Mistake on 'Frito Pie'
yield: Makes 2 servings (light main course) or 4 servings (first course)
active time: 15 min
total time: 45 min
It's only natural to use leftover chicken broth (from Blade Steaks with Rosemary White–Bean Purée ) to make chicken soup. But what a soup! Steeping... more ›
6 scallions, divided
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (2-inch) piece peeled ginger, sliced
1 skinless boneless chicken breast half (6 to 8 ounces)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
Asian sesame oil
Smash 3 scallions and cut into 2-inch pieces, then put in a 2-quart saucepan with water, broth, ginger, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, then poach chicken at a bare simmer, uncovered, until just cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let broth steep, covered, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop remaining 3 scallions and shred chicken.
Discard scallions and ginger from broth and bring to a brisk simmer. Add beaten eggs in a slow stream, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in scallions, chicken, and white pepper (if using). Serve drizzled with sesame oil.