- Puerto Rico won't make $370 million in debt payments Monday
- Firefighters battle huge fire at New York City church
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73
- The Latest: Elephants kick off final Ringling performance
- As path narrows, Sanders asks party insiders to back his bid
- Blues even series with overtime winner, beat Stars 4-3
- Royal Farms Cigarette Theft Suspect Sought In Baltimore Co.
- Longtime Chef: Prince Fought Throat, Stomach Pains Recently
- Orioles Bullpen Falters In 7-1 Loss To White Sox
- WEATHER BLOG: Dry Monday; Wet Week
More from Recipes
- Healthy zero-carb Cloud Bread made from four ingredients is unveiled
- Chocolate cake recipe without eggs, milk or butter or even a mixing bowl
- Subway's $5 foot-long meal deal now costs $6 - to customers' fury
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- Chipotle is frantically changing how it makes food so it will stop making people sick
Servings: 11 • Serving Size: 1 mushroom • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
Calories: 34.7 • Fat: 1.5 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 3.2 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.7
Sodium: 58.3 (without salt)
14 oz (1 package) fresh mushrooms, stems separated
2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
4 cups fresh baby spinach
4 slices center cut bacon
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Smart Balance cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a foil lined baking pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
Remove stems from mushrooms and mince fine.
Heat a medium sized skillet. Rinse spinach and add to the skillet; cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, squeeze excess liquid and chop fine. Set aside.
Dry skillet, add bacon to the skillet and cook on low heat until bacon is cooked through. Set aside on a paper towel. Coarsely chop.
Clean skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and saute until golden, about 2 minutes. Add minced mushroom stems and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and combine mushroom stems with sauteed spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Season mushroom caps with salt. Fill mushrooms with spinach mixture, rounding tops off. Place on an oven safe dish and lightly spray the tops with oil.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Eat warm.