- IS forcing children, disabled into suicide cars: US general
- Former Jets player Mersereau charged with attacking teen
- Sessions: US to continue use of privately run prisons
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX extends pull back from record high to hit a 10-day low
- British police make fresh arrest in fixing probe
- 3 Hospitalized, Including 2 Teens, After Broad Daylight Shooting In Brooklyn
- The Hard Truth With Ed Norris Covers Travel Ban, International Terrorism & More
- Student Held After Bringing Gun To His High School
- Teen Arrested For Swastika Graffiti Cases, Burglary
- Orioles’ Adam Jones Wants Deeper Postseason Run
More from Recipes
This is a vegetarian twist on the classic Carbanara sauce. It contains only 5 ingredients, is very quick to make and is one of the most delicious pastas I’ve eaten in a while.
This is a perfect supper to whip up in 20 minutes and is packed with flavour. I like to use whole-wheat pasta as I enjoy the slightly nutty flavour, and its lower in GI than regular pasta.
Recipe which will feed 2:
150g whole-wheat linguini (or any long pasta of your choice)
1 large free range egg
60ml / 1/4 cup creme fraiche
60ml / 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese (and a bit extra for sprinkling)
2 – 3 cups of baby leaf spinach
zest of one small lemon – finely grated
salt & pepper
Bring a pot of salty water to the boil and cook your pasta until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking – get all your other ingredients ready and waiting. Grate the Parmesan cheese and measure out the creme fraiche. Beat the egg.
Drain the pasta over a bowl, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Immediately put the pasta back into the pot it was cooking in, back on the stove and add a splash (about 1/4 cup) of the cooking liquid. Add the spinach and stir it through the pasta. Put the lid on the pot and flash steam the leaves for a minute or two. Stir once or twice more to ensure the spinach is mixed into the pasta and is cooked. Turn off the heat.
Add the creme fraiche and lemon zest to the beaten egg and mix. Stir this through the very hot pasta and spinach to coat all the strands. The carry – over heat from the pasta will cook the egg. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir to fully to combine and then put the lid back on the pot for a minute or so to allow it all to integrate.
Check if it needs salt and pepper. It should be quite salty from the cheese and the pasta water.