- Police watchdog to investigate response to hate crime reports
- Theresa may meeting irish premier enda kenny for brexit talks
- Bt vows significant changes to openreach after ofcom 'distinct company' proposal
- Obama, Sanders make case for Clinton at chaotic convention
- 5 Russian canoeists, including Olympic champ, get Rio bans
- Gogglerots! Disgusting photos reveal the shocking state of Channel 4 stars Steph and Dom Parker's high end B&B including rotten meat, overflowing sinks and a grimy oven
- Miriam Clegg criticizes Samantha Cameron for serving Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- British woman who died on holiday in Pakistan 'was the victim of an honour killing'
- 10 common cars from the 70s and 80s that are now almost extinct
- BREAKING NEWS: Heartbroken Sir Roger Moore announces his daughter Christina has died from cancer
More from Recipes
Pizza dough for two medium pizzas
8 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small can sliced olives, drained
4 ounces slices pepperoni
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, oregano and black pepper; set aside. In a heavy bottomed skillet without adding water, cook the spinach over medium heat until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add nutmeg and salt and continue to cook until the excess moisture has evaporated.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. On a floured surface, rolled 2/3 of the dough out into a 12" round and transfer to pie plate. Trim excess, leaving a 1" overhang. (You can save the excess to make a decorative braid for the top of the torta if you'd like.) Roll remaining dough into a 10" circle.
Spread spinach onto bottom crust and spread the ricotta layer over the top. Add mozzarella, sliced olives and pepperoni in layers. Top with 10" round of pizza dough and fold over bottom crust edges to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut vent holes in the top dough layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 45 min Serves: 6