- AT&T/Time Warner deal could be approved without any FCC merger review
- 'He deserves to be remembered': Married at First Sight star Jamie Otis shares heartbreaking image of herself and husband Doug cradling their late baby boy after she miscarried
- -Deluxe Remy cognac store in China off to good start
- Britain's FTSE ends lower as commodities stocks slip
- 5 dead in wrong-way crash on Massachusetts highway
- Fireplace embers blamed for fire that killed Nebraska family
- Ravens Head Into The Bye Pretty Banged Up
- Five Things: Cubs And Indians Reach World Series
- Donald Glover Cast as Lando Calrissian in Han Solo Film
- Former Raven Torrey Smith Says NFL Is Being ‘Disrespectful To The Good Men’
More from Recipes
- Would YOU eat this? Man creates 54,000 calorie fast food birthday cake, filled with six cheeseburgers, fries, nuggets, three large pizzas and a KFC Family Feast
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- Chipotle is frantically changing how it makes food so it will stop making people sick
- The Inside Story Of How A Food Startup Cracked
- Anthony Bourdain Admits Mistake on 'Frito Pie'
Pizza dough for two medium pizzas
8 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small can sliced olives, drained
4 ounces slices pepperoni
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, oregano and black pepper; set aside. In a heavy bottomed skillet without adding water, cook the spinach over medium heat until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add nutmeg and salt and continue to cook until the excess moisture has evaporated.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. On a floured surface, rolled 2/3 of the dough out into a 12" round and transfer to pie plate. Trim excess, leaving a 1" overhang. (You can save the excess to make a decorative braid for the top of the torta if you'd like.) Roll remaining dough into a 10" circle.
Spread spinach onto bottom crust and spread the ricotta layer over the top. Add mozzarella, sliced olives and pepperoni in layers. Top with 10" round of pizza dough and fold over bottom crust edges to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut vent holes in the top dough layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 45 min Serves: 6