- Qaeda threatens attacks on homes of Yemeni forces
- $2.4M Makeover Slated for Western District Police Station
- Report: John Kasich To Suspend Presidential Campaign
- Aeropostale Closing 113 Stores, Including Two In Maryland
- Listen Live: Orioles Vs Yankees [Live Audio] MLB
- Auction House: Largest Rough Diamond In Existence Could Go For $70 Million
- Jim Nantz On Wells Fargo Championship: ‘Has A Big-Time Feel To It’
- Former Oriole Dave Johnson Talks Moving Machado To Shortstop
- Charges Pending Against Man After Chemical Spray Incident At Towson Town Cntr.
- Air Bag Inflator Recall to Grow By 35 Million to 40 Million
More from Recipes
- Healthy zero-carb Cloud Bread made from four ingredients is unveiled
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- Chipotle is frantically changing how it makes food so it will stop making people sick
- The Inside Story Of How A Food Startup Cracked
- Anthony Bourdain Admits Mistake on 'Frito Pie'
Pizza dough for two medium pizzas
8 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound fresh spinach, cleaned
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small can sliced olives, drained
4 ounces slices pepperoni
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, oregano and black pepper; set aside. In a heavy bottomed skillet without adding water, cook the spinach over medium heat until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add nutmeg and salt and continue to cook until the excess moisture has evaporated.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. On a floured surface, rolled 2/3 of the dough out into a 12" round and transfer to pie plate. Trim excess, leaving a 1" overhang. (You can save the excess to make a decorative braid for the top of the torta if you'd like.) Roll remaining dough into a 10" circle.
Spread spinach onto bottom crust and spread the ricotta layer over the top. Add mozzarella, sliced olives and pepperoni in layers. Top with 10" round of pizza dough and fold over bottom crust edges to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut vent holes in the top dough layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until bubbly and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 45 min Serves: 6