- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy fired over death of black teenager
- Syria says deal agreed for insurgents to exit Homs area
- U.S. deploying elite force to boost fight against Islamic State
- Volkswagen's US sales plunge 25 percent in November
- Chicago police chief ousted amid tensions over black teen's killing
- Moneysupermarket founder to sell 5.5 to 6.4 pct stake
- The Latest: Negotiators take heart at Obama comments
- Mexico experts: passageway may lead to Aztec ruler's tomb
- Al-Qaida vows to avenge militants facing Saudi execution
- Bomb in Istanbul near subway station wounds 5, official says
More from Recipes
- The new meat rules: As experts warn it increases the chance of cancer, we reveal which types are the riskiest...
- Hot dog makers and sellers shake off WHO's processed meat's link to cancer
- Bacon, burgers and sausages 'are as big a cancer threat as cigarettes,' global health chiefs declare
- Why knowing basic cooking skills is essential, Lorraine Candy writes
- The ingredients you should be eating to boost your health including pumpkins and cinnamon
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook chopped bacon until slightly crisp; remove and drain onto paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat; add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and heat in reused large skillet. Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add wine if desired; cook one more minute.
- Return cooked bacon to pan; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding more olive oil if it seems dry or is sticking together. Add beaten eggs and cook, tossing constantly with tongs or large fork until eggs are barely set. Quickly add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste (remember that bacon and Parmesan are very salty).
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top, and extra Parmesan cheese at table.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS