- Trust in politicians near rock bottom, survey reveals
- Austrians vote for president in election watched Europe-wide
- Penn State gives playoff committee something to ponder
- Body remains found after Indonesia plane with 13 disappears
- Draisaitl scores in OT, Oilers snap Ducks' 3-game win streak
- I'm A Celebrity 2016: Viewers demand Ant and Dec apologise for Last Post gag
- Uber can now track passengers' locations after they are dropped off
- Trump 'close' to naming Xi Jinping's pal Terry Branstad as US Ambassador to China
- Philadelphia attorney Duncan Lloyd caught spray painting 'F*** Trump' graffiti
- DAN HODGES: Labour's sunk it just hasn't realised yet
More from Recipes
- Kellogg's paid 'independent experts' $13,000 a year to push their breakfast cereals without telling anyone they worked for the company
- How healthy is your sushi snack? Lunch boxes from High Street chains can contain more calories than a BIG MAC (and more sugar than biscuits)
- Melbourne market begins selling CHOCOLATE CHEESE imported from Italy
- Golden Gaytime burger is the latest spin on the Australian ice cream classic
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook chopped bacon until slightly crisp; remove and drain onto paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat; add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and heat in reused large skillet. Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add wine if desired; cook one more minute.
- Return cooked bacon to pan; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding more olive oil if it seems dry or is sticking together. Add beaten eggs and cook, tossing constantly with tongs or large fork until eggs are barely set. Quickly add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste (remember that bacon and Parmesan are very salty).
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top, and extra Parmesan cheese at table.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS