- Widows of victims of Nigeria's Boko Haram say aid overdue
- Iran's president says US election offers only bad or worse choice
- Iraqi Kurds say they captured town near Mosul
- England need two wickets, Bangladesh 33 runs to win test
- AT&T-Time Warner may signal start of new media industry consolidation
- Several Earthquakes Recorded In Oklahoma In Past Two Days
- Bill Murray Crashes White House Press Briefing
- Brazilian jeweller shot DEAD as he tries to fight off armed robber on CCTV
- British scientists discover pill to stop sperm swimming that men could take before sex
- More than 80 people arrested at protests against oil pipe linein North Dakota
More from Recipes
- Would YOU eat this? Man creates 54,000 calorie fast food birthday cake, filled with six cheeseburgers, fries, nuggets, three large pizzas and a KFC Family Feast
- McDonald's fixed customers' top complaint — and now sales are soaring
- Chipotle is frantically changing how it makes food so it will stop making people sick
- The Inside Story Of How A Food Startup Cracked
- Anthony Bourdain Admits Mistake on 'Frito Pie'
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook chopped bacon until slightly crisp; remove and drain onto paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat; add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and heat in reused large skillet. Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add wine if desired; cook one more minute.
- Return cooked bacon to pan; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding more olive oil if it seems dry or is sticking together. Add beaten eggs and cook, tossing constantly with tongs or large fork until eggs are barely set. Quickly add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste (remember that bacon and Parmesan are very salty).
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top, and extra Parmesan cheese at table.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS