- Paris: School chief injured as teens protest police violence
- Police chief `calls for counselling and rehab for lower level paedophiles´
- To secure Mosul, Iraq army makes desert push with US help
- Japan's Emperor Akihito on first-ever visit to Vietnam
- Maryland JCC One Of Multiple Centers To Receive Bomb Threat Monday
- City Schools Face Largest Budget Gap In History, Mayor Asks Gov. For Help
- Maryland Senate Nixes Opt-Out Bill On Animal Dissections
- Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's home is demolished
- Nigel Farage calls for Ukip's only MP to be kicked out
- UK’s ‘oldest Iron Age gold' is revealed
More from Sports
- Nicole Bass passed away suddenly early in the week
- A wrestling outlet says she died of a heart attack
- Her girlfriend will not reveal how she died and asked for privacy
Bodybuilder and professional wrestler Nicole Bass has died age 52.
The Howard Stern Show regular known for her muscular physique and World Wrestling Entertainment television appearances died of a heart attack sometime early this week, according to f4wonline.
However, partner Christine Marrone posted on Bass' Facebook page: 'Just want to make it clear that I will not be answering and who, what, where, when, why questions right now. Nicole always kept her personal things private and I will do the same for her.'
Bass reportedly died of a heart attack, however her girlfriend wouldn't confirm or deny this on her Facebook page
At 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds, Bass was controversial in the bodybuilding arena because she was so much larger than her competitors
Bass was a popular at the WWE during its 'Attitude' era and also part of Howard Stern's 'Wack Pack' in which he loved to tease her about really being a man
Marrone described how Bass had been ill.
'A few days ago Nicole got very sick. She was brought into the hospital and they did everything they could to help her.
'I have been sitting here with her in the room 24/7 since she got here making sure she was being given the best possible care. Today we learned that there is nothing else that can be done.
'Nicole was an amazing woman. Strong not only on the outside but inside as well. Beautiful soul and kind heart.
'Many people knew Nicole but few ever got close enough to know the REAL woman that she was. I got to be one of the lucky few. Not only was she my soul mate and my girlfriend but she was my best friend, my teacher and my business partner.'
In May 2016, Bass posted a picture of herself in hospital but refused to say why she was there. 'My answer .... 'It's private!' she wrote.
The Howard Stern Show regular was known for her muscular physique and World Wrestling Entertainment television appearances
Bass posted pictures of herself with girlfriend Christine Marrone in the months before her sudden death
While Bass posted a picture of herself in the hospital a year ago she wouldn't say why she was there
She last appeared on the Howard Stern Show on February 6. Stern's running gag with Bass was that she was really a man.
Bass became famous during the WWE's 'Attitude' era in the late 1990s.
At 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds, Bass was controversial in the bodybuilding arena because she was so much larger than her competitors.
She had a decade-long sexual harassment suit pending against the WWE but it was eventually dismissed, reports Wrestleview.
Bass' husband of 28 years, Bob Fuchs died in May 2013 after suffering a heart attack.