- Best work subscription boxes to get at the office
- Large python swallows to fake plastic eggs in Brisbane
- Supreme Court rules for Texas death row inmate
- What completed Dakota Access pipeline means for key players
- World Video Game Hall of Fame names 2017 finalists
- Britain will seek ambitious Gulf trade arrangement after Brexit, says PM
- Rick Dempsey On The Orioles Roster Picture Clearing Up As Opening Day Approaches
- Woman Dies After Being Stabbed In Baltimore City
- Rob Long: The Dawning Of A New Day
- CBS Local Bracket Update: Out Of 28,373 Brackets, None Have Perfect Final Four
More from Sports
- Vieira, who won countless titles with Arsenal, bought mansion during time at City towards end of his career
- Home, in leafy suburb or Wilmslow, has a wine cellar, sauna, landscaped gardens, playroom and a pantry
- World Cup winner Vieira, 40, is 10/1 with some bookmakers to replace the under-fire Wenger at Arsenal
By Alex Matthews For Mailonline
Published: 07:38 EDT, 20 March 2017 | Updated: 07:43 EDT, 20 March 2017
Ex-Arsenal star Patrick Vieira has put his £2.2million Cheshire mansion up for sale amid rumours that he could replace his old Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.
Vieira, who won three Premier League titles as a player with Arsenal, bought the luxury seven-bedroom property on the outskirts of leafy Wilmslow, during a short spell with Manchester City towards the ends of his career.
The world Cup winner, 40, spent five years in Manchester with his wife Cheryl, but moved to New York in November 2015, to manage New York City FC.
Vieira is 10/1 with some bookmakers to replace the under-fire Wenger if his old manager leaves the Emirates at the end of the season.
The family home - on the market for a cool £2,295,000 - boasts ‘an exceptional bespoke interior nestled in mature gardens’, according to estate agents.
Other luxuries across the 6,500 sq ft site include landscaped gardens, a wine cellar, pantry, boot room, sauna and playroom, as well as a double garage.
In addition to the master bedroom and en suite bathroom, there is another dressing room-come-bedroom, and five further double bedrooms, three of which are en suite.
Pictured: Patrick Vieira's seven-bedroom luxury home in the affluent leafy suburb of Wilmslow in Cheshire
Pictured: The mansion comes with a spacious kitchen area complete with contemporary fixtures and stylish marble surfaces
Vieira, who won countless titles with Arsenal, lived in the property while playing for Manchester City towards the end of his career, but now lives in the US while he manages New York City FC
Pictured: The luxury home comes with a minimalist but stylish bathroom, complete with bath and shower
Pictured: What footballer's mansion would be complete without its own custom-fitted sauna area to relax in?
Pictured: The home also comes with its own wine cellar - although the next owner better stock up before they move in because the cellar looks rather bare in this photo
Pictured: Vieira spent five years at the attractive property with his wife Cheryl before moving to New York in 2015
It is believed that Vieira may be selling his luxury pad to move down south as rumours circulate that he is in the running for the Arsenal job if Arsene Wenger leaves the club in the summer
Pictured: A traditional quirk to the modern property is an old fashioned post box in the driveway's entrance wall