- Sunderland appoint Moyes as Allardyce replacement
- David moyes relishing premier league return
- The hottest day EVER is recorded in Kuwait as temperature soars to 54C
- Debt-ridden Lord Lucan was 'bumped off Mafia-style by his gambling friends after they helped him escape to Switzerland'
- Hundreds of migrants and asylum seekers march toward Serbia's border with Hungary to protest decision to keep its border closed for people trying to reach EU
- Britain to swelter in 30C temperatures as the country basks in sunshine... but rain is on its way as the clouds roll in from next week
- Playground or graveyard? Future of Osama Bin Laden's home is at the centre of a row between the military and local authority
- Armed police raid apartment of teenage Iranian McDonald's killer just two miles from where he launched his deadly massacre
- Munich's young victims: Grieving father holds poignant photograph of his teenage son, of NINE murdered in McDonald's massacre
- ‘Come today at 4pm...I'll buy you something': Did Munich maniac use a FAKE Facebook page of a teenage girl ‘free food’ to lure children to McDonald's hours before massacre
More from Sports
- Willian signs new four-year contract at chelsea
- Jarryd Hayne missed selection in Fiji's Rugby Sevens for Rio Olympics and will return to Sydney
- Sepp blatter gets cas date to challenge six-year ban from football
- Wales 0-2 Portugal, Euro 2016 RESULT: Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani score to see off Chris Coleman's side and book final spot
- Rugby director dean ryan released from worcester contract
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar played a game Saturday against the Boston Red Sox with a homophobic slur on his eye black written in Spanish.
Escobar had the words "Tu ere maricon" scrawled across the sun reflectors underneath his eyes. In English, the phrase - while grammatically incorrect ("Tu eres" is you are in Spanish) - translates loosely to "You are a f----t."
Major League Baseball told ESPN the league is investigating the situation.
It is unclear whether or not Escobar wrote the words himself or was the victim of a poor taste practical joke.
What is also unclear is why Escobar wore any eye black at all. In photos from the game he also has sunglasses on top of his hat, to say nothing of the fact that the game was in Rogers Centre, which at least part of the time is a domed stadium and appeared shady in Saturday's game photos.
Escobar batted fifth and went 1 for 4 with an RBI Saturday in a 3-2 loss. He was scratched from the Blue Jays lineup on Sunday due to "flu-like symptoms."