- Vikings pick WR Boehringer, a European first for NFL draft
- TABLE-South Korea April exports fall 11.2 pct y/y, near forecast
- McLeod blows past field to win 110 hurdles at Drake Relays
- Marlborough Man replaced by a WOMAN in Imperial Tobacco blu e-Cigs ad campaign
- DR ELLIE CANNON: I'm a woman of 63. Why am I going bald?
- Queen bans drones at Sandringham over fears pilots could spy on Royal Family
- Kate Middleton is a Vogue cover star but LIZ JONES says it's all a bit Boden
- Father drowned and son missing after their boat smashed into rock and sank in minutes
- How low can the RSPCA go? Animal charity seizes nurse's cats while she's in hospital and looks on as her pet sheep are slaughtered to feed hunting dogs
- HEALTH NOTES: Alesha Dixon says keeping trim is child's play
More from Sports
- Mats Hummels will face wrath of fans after requesting Bayern Munich move... but he will not be the first Borussia Dortmund star to join their bitter rivals
- Johnny Manziel watches LA Rams choose Jared Goff as top pick of NFL Draft 2016
- Parramatta Eels halfback Kieran Foran stands down from football indefinitely
- Atletico Madrid vs Bayern Munich UEFA Champions League 2016: News, h2h, TV info and line up predictions
- Jamie Vardy to miss Manchester United clash after Leicester star receives extra one-game ban over improper conduct charge
The Jon Gruden rumors hit fever pitch last night when it was reported that the former Vols coach was returning to Tennessee. There were also reports that that Gruden would be taking part ownership of the Cleveland Browns.
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like either of those rumors are true.
According to WREG in Memphis, Gruden was offered a contract from the University of Tennessee to be their next head coach. The Vols sweetened the deal by offering an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns.
Awful Announcing reports that the Vols were able to offer the deal because new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a Tennessee Booster.
Gruden and the Clevaland Browns have both denied the rumors.
A Browns spokesman released a statement saying:
“Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee head coaching search, and the report that Jon Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is completely erroneous.”