- Winter Weather Advisory In Effect Until Midnight
- Lotto ‘faker’ gran at the centre of the £33million jackpot scandal has met a FORTUNE TELLER - in a bid to predict the next winning numbers
- Shrien Dewani looking 'exhausted' on the Tube in rare outing since being cleared of murder
- Mother told by doctors she was 'fat and lazy' after weight soared by 6st in four MONTHS was actually suffering from thyroid cancer
- Man is suspected of killing a pensioner couple who died in Chidham
- 2,000 London Undeground Tube workers plan Friday strike in row over safety
- Couple taking Storm Imogen photos are hit by massive wave and swept 50ft along seafront
- Beauty trend for oil-slick lips in bold iridescent colours takes Instagram by storm
- Air Mediterranee passenger urinated on another traveller before brawl
- Germany train crash leaves eight dead and 150 injured in Bavaria
More from Sports
- Lionel Messi keen to meet Afghan kid who dressed as Barcelona star in plastic bag
- Australian Open: Great Britain's Gordon Reid wins wheelchair singles title in Melbourne
- Made in Chelsea's Sam Thompson racks up £24,000 bar bill on wild night out with cast mates
- Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal latest PLUS all Saturday's done deals
- Colchester vs Tottenham live score and goal updates from FA Cup fourth round tie
The Jon Gruden rumors hit fever pitch last night when it was reported that the former Vols coach was returning to Tennessee. There were also reports that that Gruden would be taking part ownership of the Cleveland Browns.
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like either of those rumors are true.
According to WREG in Memphis, Gruden was offered a contract from the University of Tennessee to be their next head coach. The Vols sweetened the deal by offering an ownership stake in the Cleveland Browns.
Awful Announcing reports that the Vols were able to offer the deal because new Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a Tennessee Booster.
Gruden and the Clevaland Browns have both denied the rumors.
A Browns spokesman released a statement saying:
“Jimmy Haslam has no involvement in the University of Tennessee head coaching search, and the report that Jon Gruden would potentially have an ownership stake in the Browns is completely erroneous.”